ON A LIGHTER NOTE... What will you be reading on your upcoming cruise?

NorCalCruiseGuy

Gosh, a lot of controversy and tension on these boards. Vacation is too important to get your knickers in a twist.

What will you be reading on your upcoming cruise?

Check out "Living in a Foreign Language" by Michael Tucker (Yes, Michael Tucker and Jill Eichenberry of "LA Law" fame.

http://www.amazon.com/Living-Foreign-Language-Memoir-Italy/dp/0871139626/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-8839499-4620105?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187976451&sr=8-1

I try to read something easy to read or I fall asleep on the plane.

I also usually take paper back much easier to carry

Books by Stuart Woods, David Silva, Robin Cook.

Hopefully Vince Flynn's new book will be in paper back by my next cruise in October

1985 Fairsky SITMAR

1986 Song of America ROYAL CARIBBEAN

1986 Oceanic PREMIER

1987 Oceanic PREMIER

Nordic Prince ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Nordic Empress ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Viking Seranade ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Regal Princess PRINCESS

Royal Majesty MAJESTY CRUISE LINES

1992 Monarch of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

1995 Sovereign of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

1996 Song of America ROYAL CARIBBEAN

1999 Oceanic PREMIER

(Apple Vacation) OCEANIC CRUISE LINE

Legend of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Majesty of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Grandeur of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Enchantment of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

2000 Voyager of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

2000 Horizon (Alaska) CELEBRITY

2001 Explorer of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Crown Princess PRINCESS

2001 Dawn Princess (Alaska) PRINCESS

2002 NCL Dreamward

2002 Carnival Legend CARNIVAL

2002 Brilliance of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

2003 Navigator of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Aug 2003 Horizon (Bermuda) CELEBRITY

Oct 2003 Serenade of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Jul 2004 Mariner of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBAEN

Dec 2004 Empress of the Sea ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Sept 2005 Explorer of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBAEN

Oct 2005 Infinity CELEBRITY

Nov 2005 Enchantment of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Feb 2006 Golden Princess PRINCESS

May 2006 Zenith CELEBRITY

May 2006 Freedom of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Dec 2006 Millenium CELEBRITY

Jun 2007 Caribbean Princess PRINCESS

Aug 2007 Explorer of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Oct 2007 Vision of the Seas ROYAL CARIBBEAN

Bringing two along...The Kite Runner and the sequel, A Thousand Splendid Suns.

The Kite Runner was one of the best books I've ever read. A Thousand Splendid Suns is very good also.

I, myself, will be reading some trashy novel. I'm a serious reader at home but need light stuff on vacation.

Speaking of which, I'd better get myself to the bookstore. I only have 17 days to go. :)

Janet Evanovich's newest Stephanie Plum novel Lean Mean Thirteen to make me laugh.....Jackie Collins newest Lucky sequel Drop Dead Beautiful for the trashy novel fix. I also want to check out the Library on the ship to see what they might have, as this will be our first X cruise and I'm not sure what kind of selection they might have.

I'm also bringing Murder on Deck I saved Mary Higgins Clark's "Santa Cruise" from Christmas to bring also.

I went ahead and read Harry Potter, #7. It was SO HEAVY...I didn't want to give up that much weight in in the luggage!

My next cruise isn't until April. If I tried to figure out what I would read on the ship in April, I wouldn't be able to resist reading it NOW!:D For those who are planning on taking the last book or two of the Harry Potter series, I have to agree with fhmoore - we're talking SERIOUS POUNDAGE! Add all the tissues...;) Lighthearted sounds good though. Cabin Rats (that's me!) don't like to work too hard to relax!:p

Happy Happy!

Denise

Well, to bring this light and enjoyable thread back into proper perspective;

..... the fine print in my cruise contract after we miss a few ports due to a pod problem

..... the final 'onboard charges' invoice to make sure there aren't any accidental minibar charges

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Joseph Finder is rapidly becoming my favorite suspense author. A number of his latest books are set in high-tech business situations. The biggest problem with reading his books is they go so fast since you can't put them down.

Les

Bringing two along...The Kite Runner and the sequel, A Thousand Splendid Suns.

I didn't know there was a sequel. I'll have to read that. We saw the early pre-screening of the movie Kite Runner and it was quite good. A different style of filming but really good. I highly recommend it.

Well.....Since I already read Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns, both great books, I saving the latest Daniel Silva and (get ready) "The Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner". I'll run to Half-Price about a week b4 we leave and hope for a good selection......

I'll be bringing a novel by Philippa Gregory. Some of her books are long but they are light and easy...historical fiction. "The Other Boleyn Girl" and "The Boleyn Inheritance" are two of her books that I have read and just couldn't put down. If Kazuo Ishiguro or Andrea Levy get another book out before the cruise I will definitely pack them. I too have read and enjoyed "The Kite Runner" and "A Thousand Splendid Suns." DH likes detective such as John Lesroart, Robert B Parker, Ethan Black, Linwood Barclay.....too many to mention so he won't have any trouble finding a couple.

I am always looking for new authors so would love to try out any recommendations.

Margie

Archived