NCL Star cabin questions

pcann

We are in an inside cabin on the Star - how much space is in the bathrooms? How do they compare to the Wind? (we were on the Wind last year) There will be 3 of us in the 142ft cabin and I know we will be cramped. Is the 3rd bed above one of the other beds or is it a pull out sofa? Will I need my over the door storage holder? Do they have the containers of shampoo and conditioner in the showers? Any additional info would be super.

I was in an inside on the Star last year...there is shampoo and soap, etc in dispensers in the shower. I would bring an over the door shoe holder...it came in handy. There is a bed that comes out from under one of the beds and also one that folds down from the wall.

Above the area where there is the coffee stuff there is a cupboard that I didn't notice until about time to leave. Someone has to be pretty tall to look in there, but it would be good for putting away stuff you don't need to get to very often.

There is a light in the closet, which is convenient but a lot of people miss the switch for it...so look for it.

I'm sure there is more to say...but I forget. I can't compare to the Dawn because I haven't been on her.

Have a wonderful time!
Emi

[quote name='pcann']We are in an inside cabin on the Star - how much space is in the bathrooms? How do they compare to the Wind? (we were on the Wind last year) There will be 3 of us in the 142ft cabin and I know we will be cramped. Is the 3rd bed above one of the other beds or is it a pull out sofa? Will I need my over the door storage holder? Do they have the containers of shampoo and conditioner in the showers? Any additional info would be super.[/QUOTE]
If all of the stateroom bathrooms are similar throughout the Star, yours will be a nice size. We were in a BA on the Star and the shower is bigger than what we have at home in our second bathroom and I am pretty sure bigger than the Wind's.

Emi: there is a switch for the closet? Ours automatically lit up when we opened the door so we used that for a night light....we just jammed a shoe underneath the door so it wouldnt slam shut. Maybe we were lucky!

BTW, Emi is right as usual ;) so I dont need to add anything...except maybe that since one of the beds is a trundle, do not expect to use under that bed for any storage. You can only use under one bed for that. We use collapsable luggage for that reason.

Maybe Suebee is right...I thought there was a switch and some people had missed it, but maybe I'm confused!! But there is a light - so if it doesn't come on automatically - look for it.

Oh...you should bring extension cords too since they are only a couple of outlets. There is a hair dryer, which I hear is pretty good though I never used mine. I would also bring a little travel clock and a night light since you are in an inside room. I got a night light that had a few extra plug ins and that was helpful. I didn't use the clock as an alarm clock - I used room service for that...*smile*

Emi

Just another voice about the bathroom. The one in our inside STAR cabin was the biggest and nicest inside bathroom I have had on any of my cruises. The shower is big with a sliding glass door separating it from the other two "stations". There are shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the shower. The shelves around the sink worked fine for our daily potions and lotions, and we hung our toiletries bag on the hook inside the bathroom door for those lesser-used or back-up items.

Just wanted to confirm if the cruise ship (Star to Alaska) also provides bath towels. So its basically like a hotel room. You get soap, shampoo, towels etc. ?

This is our first cruise, so please bear with my questions :)

Thanks

Manish

[quote name='Manish']Just wanted to confirm if the cruise ship (Star to Alaska) also provides bath towels. So its basically like a hotel room. You get soap, shampoo, towels etc. ?

This is our first cruise, so please bear with my questions :)

Thanks

Manish[/QUOTE] Yes, just like a hotel room. :)

[quote name='zimmerjulie']Just another voice about the bathroom. The one in our inside STAR cabin was the biggest and nicest inside bathroom I have had on any of my cruises. There are shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the shower. The shelves around the sink worked fine for our daily potions and lotions, and we hung our toiletries bag on the hook inside the bathroom door for those lesser-used or back-up items.[/QUOTE]
I echo Julie's statement. The Star bathrooms are the best of any ship I have been on. They are also the most functional!

And yes, they bring you towels and wash cloths. You can have them replaced daily if you desire. The soap and shampoo in the shower are not little bottles or bars like hotels, they are in dispensers on the wall which are filled daily by your steward.

Of course, the best warning any Star cruiser can give another: be careful the first time you flush.....the vacumn system takes a little getting used to and it is startling the first time!:p

• 4 months later...
[quote name='zimmerjulie']Just another voice about the bathroom. The one in our inside STAR cabin was the biggest and nicest inside bathroom I have had on any of my cruises. The shower is big with a sliding glass door separating it from the other two "stations". There are shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the shower. The shelves around the sink worked fine for our daily potions and lotions, and we hung our toiletries bag on the hook inside the bathroom door for those lesser-used or back-up items.[/QUOTE]

Wow - that sounds almost better than mine at home :rolleyes: Which category were you in? Was it just the "K" or were you in a better one?

-Mary

We sailed with friends who had inside cabins. We had a balcony. Our bathroom was great, but the toilet area is a bit cramped. The inside rooms have the toilet included with the sink area, so there is more room. But, the outside balcony cabins toilet area has a slider door you can close if that's important to you.

Balcony over inside: I would opt for outside balcony anytime. It was great.

I actually enjoyed having an inside cabin. If I could afford a balcony, I'd go with that, but can't manage it. I am a night owl and enjoy taking advantage of all the late night entertainment. But I also enjoy a nap sometimes in the afternoon. So I thought it was an advantage to have a very dark cabin. If you don't spend alot of time in your cabin, it probably won't bother you.

Archived