I'm back - Freeport (Our Lucaya) and Atlantis Pics Here

crusinmama06

Just off Carnival Sensation to the Bahamas and I know I promised some people here some info about Our Lucaya and Atlantis.

I'll post them separatly because we can only put 5 pics in a thread.

Everyone complains about Freeport but I personally thought it was PARADISE! We stepped off the ship and hailed a taxi to Our Lucaya Beach and Marketplace. It was only $4 per person to Our Lucaya. We went to the Sheraton and right out to the beach. The water was warm. The sand was powder. You could rent chairs. The bathrooms for the Sheraton were right off the beach and you could order lunch from their pool bar.

We could have spent $100 to rent a room at the Sheraton and use the pools, but it just wasn't worth it, the beach was just too beatiful to pass up.

When we were done, we walked right outside the Sheraton and got a LIMO for still only $4 per person to take us back to the ship.

Sorry the pics are fuzzy, my water camera was fogging up. :rolleyes:

878783-R1-25-25A_026.jpg

878783-R1-22-22A_023.jpg

878783-R1-19-19A_020.jpg

878783-R1-17-17A_018.jpg

Nassau – Docked - We took a taxi to Atlantis ($4 per person). A taxi in Nassau is always an adventure. The driver yelled at another driver who parked her in and got out of the van 4 more times just to yell some more. Atlantis was wonderful. We always love getting a room there and spending the day as guests at Atlantis. That place is just heaven to us.

The details...we paid $199 for a room at Atlantis (not CS). Although we arrived at 10am, they did not allow us to get our room until 3pm (that didn't happen the last time). But we were given the braclets and allowed to use the water features immediatly. We took a taxi both to and from Atlantis. The water park closes at 7pm. We showered and headed back to the ship for dinner.

878783-R1-15-15A_016.jpg

878783-R1-12-12A_013.jpg

878783-R1-11-11A_012.jpg

878783-R1-10-10A_011.jpg

878783-R1-08-8A_009.jpg

We weren't able to do Aquaventure (I knew this before we arrived) because my girls aren't tall enough. But there were soooo many different things to keep them busy, we didn't have a problem with missing Aquaventure. Aquaventure is the newest addition to Atlantis.

878783-R1-07-6A_008.jpg

878783-R1-05-4A_006.jpg

878783-R1-04-3A_005.jpg

Welcome back crusinmama!! Thanks for posting so quickly. I'm surprised about your $4 taxi rides in Freeport because it's always been $5 per person each way. And fuel certainly has not gone done.

Glad you enjoyed Grand Bahama. The place has taken a bad rap these past few years......not that it doesn't deserve it.* But it definitely is a beautiful place and Our Lucaya is a top notch resort.

BobK/Orlando

*-union strife, surley workers, hurricane damage, large resort bankruptcy, etc!

Welcome back crusinmama!! Thanks for posting so quickly. I'm surprised about your $4 taxi rides in Freeport because it's always been $5 per person each way. And fuel certainly has not gone done.

Glad you enjoyed Grand Bahama. The place has taken a bad rap these past few years......not that it doesn't deserve it.* But it definitely is a beautiful place and Our Lucaya is a top notch resort.

BobK/Orlando

*-union strife, surley workers, hurricane damage, large resort bankruptcy, etc!

Yep you're right! It's FIVE dollars...not $4. I think I am suffering from jet lag. ;) It's $4 to Atlantis from the port. And $5 to Our Lucaya.

Sorry

Thanks Cruisinmama,

It looks GREAT. Was $199 the total for your room? Did that include all the taxes, housecleaning, energy charge, and xtra people fees they like to add on.

Yep we booked directly with Atlantis and they include everything in the quoted price. Our kids are under 12, so we didn't get any more added fees.

Right now they are having a fall promo sale. I booked our friends into Atlantis with us for $179.

Yep we booked directly with Atlantis and they include everything in the quoted price. Our kids are under 12, so we didn't get any more added fees.

Right now they are having a fall promo sale. I booked our friends into Atlantis with us for $179.

Thanks, sounds good. Also considering just going to cable beach

Thanks, sounds good. Also considering just going to cable beach

Cable beach looks beautiful as well. Our friends were going to head there while we went to Atlantis. The only thing that scared them off was the lack of restroom facilities there. And having the kids, you always need a restroom close by. ;)

Archived