Oosterdam Deluxe Veranda Suites

turnin50

Hi everyone first post here! (sorry if this was already addressed somewhere maybe someone can point me to the right thread if it has)

My husband and I are sailing on the Ooserdam in Oct and I just read on their site that none of their cabins are NON smoking.:confused: That seems weird to me. I wasn't aware of this when we booked, (didn't they ask for preference somewhere in the booking process? I don't recall) We've sailed Princess twice and I don't think this was an issue with them. Has anyone who is a non smoker stayed in these suites and if so could you tell it was smoked in? I've been in smoking hotel rooms that supposedly are cleaned and converted to nonsmoking and they never get the smell out and while I don't have a problem being around smokers in smoking areas I don't really want my room to smell of stale smoke. I'd hate to have spent all this money on a suite and not enjoy being in it. (I hope I didn't offend any smokers out there :o)

turnin50: you are correct in that HAL does not currently prohibit smoking in the cabins. But, it should not be a problem, at least in our experience with HAL, with 13 HAL cruises under our belts.

We are also non-smokers and we have never had a cabin that had a tobacco aroma to it. We had a deluxe verandah cabin (#7084) on the Oosterdam this past February and it was great! I believe that HAL goes all out to keep cabins free of lingering odors. It just has never been an issue for us. If, however, you detect a tobacco odor, ask either your friendly cabin steward or the Concierge to have your cabin freshened.

I hope you enjoy the Oosterdam as much as we did!

Archived