Check-in question

robinp

I'm flying Edinburgh>Heathrow - Heathrow>Miami 0645-0755>0955-14??.

I have never taken a connecting flight. We are flying BA>American Airlines.

Now - will my luggage be checked through to Miami if I request it in Edinburgh check-in. I have read both airlines are on the same codeshare/partnership group so what are the chances?

I have 2 hours (assuming both are on time) to change terminals (1 to 3) and worse case scenario collect and re check-in luggage. Every minute counts and American don't have another flight to Miami until the next morning. We would still arrive in time for the boat (I think just) but would like to get there a day early as planned and sleep off the jet lag. :cool:

Please put my mind at rest, I'm worried.

RCCL's answer to this when asked is if it is thru them the luggage goes thru without you handleling is. I know it was so when going from US to UK but, I wasn't sure the other way around. If RCCL does your air it is on one ticket.

I just sent the daughter US to UK and she went AA/Aer Lingus. It was on one paper ticket and the above was true. I could have bought the same to flights for less seperatly but, it isn't worth it to collect and recheck baggage.

I'm flying Edinburgh>Heathrow - Heathrow>Miami ... We are flying BA>American Airlines.

Now - will my luggage be checked through to Miami if I request it in Edinburgh check-in. I have read both airlines are on the same codeshare/partnership group so what are the chances?

I have 2 hours (assuming both are on time) to change terminals (1 to 3) ...

You should have no problems. You shouldn't need to be security-screened at Heathrow for this connection (except maybe for a flight-specific secondary search). So when you arrive at Heathrow, make sure that you follow the signs to Flight Connections. Do not pass the one-way barrier that is near the baggage carousel, because as soon as you pass that you will have to be security-screened before being allowed back into the airside area.

BA will through-check your bags to an American Airlines flight even if you are travelling on two separate tickets. See this page for details.

Archived