St John Half Day Champagne Cataraman Sail

NANCYR2

My wife and I took this tour twice in 2004 & 2005, Thoroughly emjoyed it both times. The trip across to St. John is really nice, the snorkeling was great and the return trip was also very enjoyable. If you only take this one excursion, you won't get to see St. Thomas or St. John as you would with a land tour BUT it's still a good tour!

My wife and I took this tour twice in 2004 & 2005, Thoroughly emjoyed it both times. The trip across to St. John is really nice, the snorkeling was great and the return trip was also very enjoyable. If you only take this one excursion, you won't get to see St. Thomas or St. John as you would with a land tour BUT it's still a good tour!

Are you saying that you don't have any time to do anything else? I want to take this excursion and still have time to do and see a few things in St. Thomas. I was under the impression that the excursion was only half day approx. 4 1/2 hours. Would you please clarify for me?

Thank you.

Did this excursion last February while on the Crown. It is great. One problem some encountered was that we arrived in St. Thomas on a Sunday and many shops close around 1 PM or so. Our excursion was in the morning, and we only had time to shop at the few stores near the new pier. It was fine for me since I have been to St. Thomas many times, but if others really want to buy something they need to be aware of the early store closings on Sunday.

Sorry for the misunderstanding; - it is a 1/2 day tour either AM or PM. What I meant was, unless you take another tour the other 1/2 day, you probably won't get a good chance to see St. Thomas's many other sights, attractions or St. John's. You are right, if interested in shopping, plenty of time to do that. Shopping used to be a bit more convenient with all the shops at the former docking location. Now at Princess's new Crown dock, need to either walk a distance to get to downtown shopping or grab a cab!

Anybody done the whole day and enjoy? I have the whole day excursion booked thru Princess in 2 weeks. Thanks!!

Did the whole day on the 6/17 sailing and it was beyond awesome. We had a full boat (a couple of people got sick) and everyone had a great time. It was a beautiful sail over to St. John's.

Has anyone taken this Princess excursion recently? We are leaving on 9/6 on the Crown.

Nancy

Hi Nancy

We did this a year ago April on the CB and have booked it again in Nov. This is a very good 1/2 day cat. trip and snorkelling at St. John. Providing the weather is good I don't think you'll be disappointed. It can get rough between St. Thomas and St. John but that's not the norm. Take the morning trip as the seas are calmer. Also the afternoons do tend to be more cloudy.

The full day is just about the same but you stay longer at St. John.

Archived