North Star Treking or Princess Tour #4?

Mathteach

My husband and I will be on the Dawn Princess June 28th with the land tour first. We really want to do a Helicopter-Glaicer trek. North Star Treking has a 2 hour walk on the glacier tour from Juneau for $329 and Princess has one that sounds identical for $355. Not much of a differece in price. I would like to hear from anyone who has been on either. Is one better than the other? Should we stick with the Princess one in case something goes wrong (getting back late and missing the boat?)

This is our first cruise ever and we are unsure how to go about booking nonprincess tours. Will North Star know the arrrival and departute time of our ship? What if that changes? Any advise would be welcomed. Also, is Juneau the best port to do a Glacier Trek from or is there a better port or place?

Also would love to hear from anyone else going the same time.

Thanks in advance.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;6;23;6;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000

until we start our Alaska Adventure!

Your glacier trekking options are either out of Skagway or Juneau. You have unfounded concerns booking with Northstar. They are a well long established company. You most likely will be in a smaller group with them. Ships most always arrive and depart on time. If you have any extra time in Anchorage- highly recommended- you can go on a cheap drive up trek that is excellent with MICA guided, 2 hours northeast of Anchorage.

Archived