Just got home from 8/20 POH cruise

kapoho2

Aloha everyone,

We just returned home from our POH cruise. Will write a bit more when I catch up on things around here...but meanwhile, feel free to ask questions.

BTW...we had a wonderful time!!

We're be doing a Hawaiian cruise aboard the PoA in a couple of weeks. Can you make some suggestions for each port of call? We'll be stopping in Kauai, Hilo, Kahului, Kona, Lahaina and back to Honolulu. Anything we must see/do at each port? Anything to avoid?

Thanks

The only port where I can suggest a must-do is Hilo. The Volcano National Park is not to be missed.

As for the other islands and ports, it all depends on what your interests are. Do you enjoy the beach, or sightseeing, adventure or history? There are so many things to do on each island, there is really something for everyone. Describe some of your interests and I am sure you will get a lot of great suggestions.

Aloha everyone,

We just returned home from our POH cruise. Will write a bit more when I catch up on things around here...but meanwhile, feel free to ask questions.

BTW...we had a wonderful time!!

HELLO Kapoho2 - I am on the POH on 9-20-07 and I have a couple questions about the dining. Do they offer 50% off surcharges for dining if you reserve to dine between 5:00 and 6:00? Also is the 50% off also offered on the sailaway night (Sunday)?

I know they have certain debarkation times when the ship returns to Honolulu for each deck (I think it coincides with the color of the luggage tags assigned for departure day). Do you have the Freestyle Today paper that lists the time for Deck 10? We have a tour planned that leaves at 9:30 and we want to be sure we will be off the ship by then.

Do you remember which airlines are now offered for the Easy Fly program?

I am looking forward to your trip report!!! Thanks for any help you can give concerning the cruise.

The Easy Fly Program is for United, American, Continental, Delta or Northwest Airlines. Your bags will be picked up the night before. You will have no problem getting off the ship for your tour. As long as you carry your own bags off (or those bags that are not being checked as Easy Fly) you can walk off of the ship any time after about 7:30 am or so. That is what we do....we get up, pack up our stuff, go have breakfast, and then go back to the room, grab our bags and walk off.

I do not believe that there were any nights when the specialty restaurants had a 50% discount. I did not see this listed anywhere. But I know that this can change from week to week.

Have fun!!

• Administrators
This seems to be a new show and I haven't been able to find a review on it yet. Any info? It is offered by NCL and on Nawiliwili, Kauai. :confused:

Here are links to a couple of threads here on the Hawaii boards discussing Luau Kalamaku:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=610959&highlight=luau+kalamaku

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=561277&highlight=luau+kalamaku

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=518941&highlight=luau+kalamaku

I hope that helps you get started in reading up on the NCL-sponsored luau! :)

Archived