Deluxe Suite Perks on the Zuiderdam, FLL

We paln to cruise OCT 27 in a Deluxe aft Suite. Can somebody tell me, if the Suite is really worn out as somebody stated on here. What are the perks? Is there VIP ceck-in, special bathroom ammeneties (I heared it is Elemis)? I know of the Concierge lounge, which is nice! Do they have Suite breakfast/lunch at the P.Grill? VIP debark? Anything else?

I would love to hear back and get some response, before I book!

Thank you so much!

We were on the Zuiderdam last summer and saw none of the problems noted by one poster. If you followed that thread down a bit, you will see that he is a re-upholsterer or some such and I guess is especially picky. Nicks in the wood furniture?? Who cares! It is a wonderful ship!

My Dear Aunt Ruth loves the suites and the little perks. Here is a page of suite pictures:

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/zsuite.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

When we were on the Z, these were the NL's hours...

Port Days-7:00 am - 8:30 pm

Sea Days-7:30 am - 8:30 pm

Food Service

Continental breakfast 7:00 am - 11:00 am

Midday snacks 11:00 am - 3:00 pm

Afternoon tea 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Cold hors d'oeuvres 5:00 pm - 8:15 pm

Here's a list of suite perks that I made a note of before our cruise...

1. BATHROBE - one “cotton terry” robe per adult

2. PERSONALIZED STATIONERY

3. LAUNDRY, PRESSING AND DRY CLEANING - complimentary

4. COLD & HOT PRE-DINNER HORS D’OEUVRES - complimentary

5. HIGH TEA - available upon request in the suite during the hours of regular tea service (we didn't do this, so I don't know how this works)

6. VIDEO LIBRARY - Check out in the NL

7. SUITE LUNCH - Ours was the last day at sea in the Crow's Nest

8. FRESH FRUIT - we found this in our cabin each day

9. FRESH FLOWERS

10. SPECIAL DISEMBARKATION – passengers leave ship at their leisure. Our tags were "black" and they were the first called. We didn't get off right away, but mosied off later in the morning.

11. DISEMBARKATION LUGGAGE - You have the option of putting your luggage out by 1:00 am (like the rest of the passengers), or suite passengers can put their's out by 6:00 am.

12. PRIORITY TENDERING - If you're in a tender port, you just make your way to the tender area (instead of picking up a tender ticket). Your ship card will be a light gold (everyone elses is blue).

13. CORSAGES and BOUTONNIERES - for the first formal night

14. MENUS - Suite passengers will receive the daily menus which will be left in their cabin. We found some of these on our bed, and others we found in our "mailbix" which is just outside the cabin door.

15. BINOCLUARS & UMBRELLA - You'll find these in your cabin

16. FREE BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE - We found this in our cabin when we arrived. We took it to the NL and had it sent to our wine steward.

17. NEPTUNE LOUNGE - The hours are posted above. We found we used this more than I thought we would. We'd grab a snack here and there.

Breakfast....pastires, juices, cereals, Espresso, cappucino & coffee

Lunch...sandwiches, fruit, candies, cookies, & sweets

Late-afternoon...snacks

18. CONCIERGE SERVICE - We had Carlo & Gerald, and they handled everything we needed...from change, to cashing TC's, setting up cocktail parties in your suite, to ordering shore excursions. They will do it all. No need to ever go to the main desk.

19. PINNACLE GRILL- Suite passengers have access to the PG for breakfast (no charge)

20. PRIORITY EMBRAKATION - When we arrived at the port, there was a gal that checked our documents and we were sent to the suite check-in area.

21. PRIORITY DINING PREFERANCE - We did get the time we asked for, but I am not sure how this works. I think you get priority, but it's not guaranteed. We booked early, so I figured we'd get the time we wanted.

22. SUITE WELCOME ABOARD PARTY IN THE NL - We missed this since we arrived a little later than most passengers

I know there are more things...but I need to think about it for a bit. We loved every moment of our cruise, and IMO, the suite was worth every penny. In fact, we're spoiled now...so I doubt we'd ever cruise without being in a suite. It was great. :)

We paln to cruise OCT 27 in a Deluxe aft Suite. Can somebody tell me, if the Suite is really worn out as somebody stated on here. What are the perks? Is there VIP ceck-in, special bathroom ammeneties (I heared it is Elemis)? I know of the Concierge lounge, which is nice! Do they have Suite breakfast/lunch at the P.Grill? VIP debark? Anything else?

I would love to hear back and get some response, before I book!

Thank you so much!

We loved the suite (we were in 7063, which is down a couple of doors from the NL).

Our cabin was beautiful. Nothing was worn out at all. In fact, everything looked pretty new to me, and the bed was VERY comfy.

I listed the perks...that I could think of (above). :)

There is a special check-in area. When you arrive, you'll be greeted at the door by a HAL rep. This rep will check your docs and off you'll go to a suite check in area.

The Elemis soaps and goodies were in our cabin. I don't know if everyone on the ship has this product, but we did and enjoyed it.

The NL is delighful. :)

The PG is open for breakfast for suite passengers (PS-SA-SB-SC) only.

We received black tags and we were the first called off the ship. We didn't leave with that group, but we had the option. We also were able to put our suitcases out the evening before, like all the other cabins, or very early that morning.

We had a lovely time. IMO, it was worth every penny we spent. At this point, we're spoiled, so this is the way we'd do it again. That's the only downside to a suite...is once you're there, you're hooked!!! :)

If you're interested in the room service menu, and the 7-day Caribbean menu, I posted those on this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=617104

And here is Ziggy's website...she's posted tons of pictures from her Zuiderdam cruise...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/189722811NLsOzD

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/310184391qmbGBl

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/408974717jKHbAe

http://travel.webshots.com/album/545430035SNnJOv

Hope this helps!!! :) If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help you. Have a great cruise.

Thank you all so much...I guess I have to book it right in the morning! I know that ships wear out easyly...no wonder with the salty air and heavy use of equipment!

To be honest I worked for HAL on the Ryndam, years ago, but many things have changed!

I just can not wait! It will be a nice B-day gift for my Baby Bug!

Mercedmike,

I am NOT picky, I simply expect clean upholstery and undamaged furniture, what is wrong with that?

We paid a lot of money for our trip and i am always amazed at how some people will make all sorts of excuses for the cruise lines.

That was a great list twinkletoes4445, we were on Zaandam last March and the list was the same for Suites there ... the espresso coffee is great in NL. Priority seating I believe is something you work out thru your TA .. but also, I recall that everyone at our table of eight were in suites, so we got to meet many on same deck.

harry

We paln to cruise OCT 27 in a Deluxe aft Suite. Can somebody tell me, if the Suite is really worn out as somebody stated on here.

Dear Jock--

We will be in an aft suite on Zuiderdam Oct 3-20. I'd be glad to report on the condition of the suite .... which deck will you be on??

The Elemis soaps and goodies were in our cabin. I don't know if everyone on the ship has this product, but we did and enjoyed it.

Yes, all the cabins get the Elemis products. And I agree---they're lovely on the skin. :)

btw---I believe the hand and body soap weren't mentioned. Those Elemis products are furnished, too.

Yes, all the cabins get the Elemis products. And I agree---they're lovely on the skin. :)

btw---I believe the hand and body soap weren't mentioned. Those Elemis products are furnished, too.

Yes, the hand and body soap...you're right (I knew I was forgetting something). They really were nice. So nice that I brought the leftovers home, which I usually don't do.

That was a great list twinkletoes4445, we were on Zaandam last March and the list was the same for Suites there ... the espresso coffee is great in NL. Priority seating I believe is something you work out thru your TA .. but also, I recall that everyone at our table of eight were in suites, so we got to meet many on same deck.

harry

We were originally seated at a table for eight, but we ended up moving to another table prior to our cruise. I chatted with another CC cruiser prior to our cruise, and we got along so well, we decided we wanted to dine together.

Our TA made all the arrangements...the original and the change. :)

I am NOT picky, I simply expect clean upholstery and undamaged furniture, what is wrong with that?

We paid a lot of money for our trip and i am always amazed at how some people will make all sorts of excuses for the cruise lines.

I do agree completely.

Maybe if I won the cruise or for some reason I didn't have to pay for it myself (business or whatever), I might be less concerned, but since the money is coming out of MY pocket...I want things to be in good condition (And really, it doesn't matter who's paying for the trip).

I know what you are saying. I do not think you are being picky. I see so much of "I am just glad to be on a cruise" etc. It is the cheerleader syndrome. :rolleyes:

I work hard for my money, pay a lot for my cruise and expect a decent cabin, not one with banged up furniture or upholstery that needs replacing.

Thank you, Gizmo.

May I add that I booked a bottle of champagne in advance for our cabin,

surely i could expect it in an ice bucket?

No, simply placed on the table! I had to ask our Steward to find me one, so much for having a celebratory drink on arrival!

Attention to detail is so important to me, I give my customers the sort of service I expect myself.

Archived