RCCL Dress Code - Dining

Rx819

Are capris acceptable (longer dressy ones that I would wear for work)?

Absolutely! I wore capris every night except formal night. With a nice top and a little jewelry, you'll be perfectly appropriate.

i have no intention of "starting something". this is my opinion of dressing for dinner meal. after 40+ cruises i have my opinion. I've seen so much...:)

I will be taking a cruise out of Galveston. We all know what the dress code is in Texas-JEANS. If you plan on sailing out of Texas I suggest that you put on JEANS to blend in with the crowd. But on second thought it might be best that you don't because after shoveling down food on your 40+ cruises it might not be something that I want to see.

Are capris acceptable (longer dressy ones that I would wear for work)?

Hmmmmm - I wonder. Brilliance of the Seas says clearly no shorts, flip flops or caps in the dining room at dinner - and they do enforce it. ...and I like it...personally.

Chaplain Fran

I consider the dining room to be like a fancy restaurant, the table is set appropriately, the waiters pull out your chairs, scrape the crumbs off of the table and anything else you may find in a fine restaurant. Would you wear shorts in a fancy restaurant?? Only you can answer that question.

Hmmmmm - I wonder. Brilliance of the Seas says clearly no shorts, flip flops or caps in the dining room at dinner - and they do enforce it. ...and I like it...personally.

Chaplain Fran

Freedom only said no shorts, bare feet or tank tops

Do you work for RCCL? Then please keep that as an opinion, since it is not a fact.

Jeans ARE allowed in the dining room on casual nights. As a matter of fact, there was recently a interview by cruise news daily and they polled all the major cruise lines. All of them, with the exception of Cunard, said jeans WERE allowed in the dining room on casual nights. Even some of the ones you would not expect it from even said yes. So it seems that this arguement has been put to rest now.

Post a link to that poll or I don't believe it!

Anyone can type anything as "FACT"

And the below article is proof of that!

Norwegian Cruise Line got a lot of attention when they announced that their policy now officially allows jeans to be worn for dinner in the dining room. We thought they were the only ones officially allowing it - until we checked as part of CND article we were writing for today's issue. Frankly, we were surprised at the lines that say jeans are ok. Here's a list for quick reference:

Updated Aug 10, 2007:

• Azamara - no jeans
  • Carnival - jeans are ok but not encouraged
  • Celebrity - no jeans
  • Costa - jeans are ok except on formal nights
  • Crystal - jeans ok on casual nights, not formal or informal nights
  • Cunard - no jeans
  • Disney - jeans ok except on formal and certain theme nights and never ok in Palo's
  • Holland America - jeans are ok except on formal nights
  • MSC Cruises - no jeans
  • Norwegian Cruise Line - jeans are ok
  • Princess - jeans are ok except on formal nights
  • Royal Caribbean - jeans are ok except on formal nights
  • Seabourn - jeans are ok except on formal nights
  • Silversea - jeans are ok except on formal nights

All of the lines require the jeans to be neat, clean and presentable, and they cannot have holes or tears. Many lines also had some wording in their policies about being neat and clean. Remember too, that this survey was about dinner in the main dining room. All lines indicated jeans were ok during the daytime.

The information was verified by each line's official spokesperson, but is subject to change.

I stand corrected!:D

This is the RCCL dress code for the dining room for all RCCL ships and the link to read more of their policys onboard.

Dining Areas Dress Code

Dining Rooms and Specialty Restaurants

No bare feet, caps, tank tops or bathing suits are permitted in these areas. Shorts are not allowed during

dinner.

Windjammer Café

No bare feet are allowed. Tank tops and caps are not allowed during dinner.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf

As long as you follow this RCCL policy you are abiding by their rules:)

I'm trying to determine without exception what is acceptable and not acceptable for dining, for both me and my dh. We do not want to have to dress up every night for dining. While we feel we always dress appropriately, clean and neat, that attire may include shorts, a suitable top and sandals or sneakers. We both work in jobs that require "dressing up" on a daily basis and this isn't our idea of a vacation. We would like to eat in the main dining room at least a couple of times, but, if that means getting dressed up, slacks, dress, etc., we will probably utilize our other options...if there are options???

We are leaving on the Liberty of the Seas on October 6th. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Paula

I've just come back from 2 weeks on AOS, and was suprised to see how many people people just didn't bother dressing for dinner whatsoever.

Even on formal nights, there were stacks of people in jeans, creased up t-shirts and cheap plastic flip flops. Made me wonder why they bothered going to the dining room and didn't just eat in the Windjammer to be honest.

I've just come back from 2 weeks on AOS, and was suprised to see how many people people just didn't bother dressing for dinner whatsoever.

Even on formal nights, there were stacks of people in jeans, creased up t-shirts and cheap plastic flip flops. Made me wonder why they bothered going to the dining room and didn't just eat in the Windjammer to be honest.

Probably because these people obviously think that putting on a pair of jeans is dressing up formally.:rolleyes:

this message is for DieHard..... you, and i guess many others, who associate cruising with weight gain. i believe that to be wrong. my path thru life is--"you are what you let yourself be" i started cruising in 1988. as a 6ft male my weight was than 176 lbs. now 9 years and 40+ cruises later i am still a 6ft male and weigh 176 3/4lbs. my best cruise/weight secret is, after 40+ cruises i have never never been in a cruise elevator. always use the stairs. happy cruising from Mr. Phish Tales :) :) :)

Archived