Tesco Deals

Pink-belle

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience of booking a cruise with P and O using their Tesco vouchers ?

My husband and I have never sailed on P and O before, mainly because our first cruise a few years ago was with Princess, we then tried Costa, and vowed to stick with what we knew we liked !

I was interested in the Ventura and so have done some research on P and O and I think we will like it, we are waitlisted for the Ventura weekender.

At the weekend I picked up a deals leaflet in Tesco and was surprised but delighted to see that P and O cruises was listed. We have enough vouchers to book a weekender cruise, I just wondered if there was some hidden catch,as i'm thinking its too good to be true.

Would love to know of others experiences.

Pleased to see your question re Tesco deals. I had some questions myself. If you download the conditions on the Tesco clubcard website, you will find that the cruise has to be a minimum of six days (like Cunard). I have been saving my points for about two years and at last I will have something to spend them on!! My only gripe would be that P&O's prices will be higher than a cruise consolidator so will the discount accrued through points be worth it!!!??? I keep meaning to ring the P&O dedicated line to ask for a sample price but haven't got round to it. I just wish I had known earlier about the deals otherwise I would have waited and booked our 2 week cruise on the Ventura next year via Tesco!!

Kind regards.

KathyW

KathyW, our TA is consistently the cheapest undercutting the direct price by abot 10% and offering OBC as well. Don't know how they do it but you are probably right that Tesco would apply the vouchers to the higher price.

We are saving for air miles flights. The air mile 'free' ticket plus taxes is usually more expensive than Ryanair paid ticket plus taxes!

We are saving for air miles flights. The air mile 'free' ticket plus taxes is usually more expensive than Ryanair paid ticket plus taxes!
Slightly OT: Air Miles has become totally useless. I've got about 12000 of them banked away, and there is never anything decent to use them on. Flights are always better value when booked for cash. NatWest's excellent customer service has a lot to answer for! (They were the only reason I stayed with their card and continued to earn Air Miles for years. But eventually there was a good reason to move.)

Dear Pontius,

See the thread on RCCL has been pulled so did not have time to pm you.

You can pm me on The Crow's Nest if you post on there under Leighton.

I did not elaborate on the post but we did have one of the huge aft balcony cabins on Arcadia and price was in fact excellent. Was just trying to make them understand the difference in pricing when telling JD that $3800 would pay for a junior suite etc.

Regards,

Babs

Pleased to see your question re Tesco deals. I had some questions myself. If you download the conditions on the Tesco clubcard website, you will find that the cruise has to be a minimum of six days (like Cunard). I have been saving my points for about two years and at last I will have something to spend them on!! My only gripe would be that P&O's prices will be higher than a cruise consolidator so will the discount accrued through points be worth it!!!??? I keep meaning to ring the P&O dedicated line to ask for a sample price but haven't got round to it. I just wish I had known earlier about the deals otherwise I would have waited and booked our 2 week cruise on the Ventura next year via Tesco!!

Kind regards.

KathyW

Thank you Kathy, I missed the bit about the 6 day minimum, I telephoned P & O they were very helpful but neglected to mention the 6 days! Not a big problem and it still seems like a very good deal to me, as you can book at the pricebuster price. So rather than a free weekend, i'll book a buy one get one free week :)

KathyW, our TA is consistently the cheapest undercutting the direct price by abot 10% and offering OBC as well. Don't know how they do it but you are probably right that Tesco would apply the vouchers to the higher price.

I know we wre not supposed to advertise TA's but I'd love tou know who gives you OBC and a discount I only get discount at the moment.Could you send me an-email via my profile please?

Thanks.

Hi PN, no on that website I am known as magicmarmite...... tried to be Barberella but username already taken up.........

I did pm Pontinus Navigator so are there 2 of you:confused:

I have PMd you again. There will be two puzzelled Barbarellas out there :)

Glad you didn't try MagicMushroom :)

• 2 weeks later...
Babs, let me know how it compares.

PN

I have only just picked up on this thread and curious to the various references to Oriana and "crows nest", as it is my favorite ship anything you can say "outloud" or does it need to be PM'd. also keen to compare notes on ta's as I was referred to another which I have using for a couple of years.

Regards

Clive029

PN

I have only just picked up on this thread and curious to the various references to Oriana and "crows nest", as it is my favorite ship anything you can say "outloud" or does it need to be PM'd. also keen to compare notes on ta's as I was referred to another which I have using for a couple of years.

Clive029

Clive Crows Nest is some sort of forum like this but I could not find it and Babs never followed with the web address.

You will find reference to one accident here;

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html

and this site has the report for the 2000 accident here.

http://www.maib.dft.gov.uk/cms_resources/dft_masafety_507699.pdf

The latter is an excellent report and very reassuring.

If you wish to PM me I do not believe you can do it here. If you join www.pprune.org you can then send me a PM to the same pseudonym.

The board engine is identical so you won't get lost.

Archived