Map challenged please advise? TS Frances?

Disneycruiser#1

Piece of cake, DC!!! It is too far out to worry about Saturday. The cruise, and the hurricane will take it's course, and we can't change it. Concentrate on hubby, and a great cruise!!! Worry will spoil it. Every cruise is terrific!! :D I am not worried!! I leave all that to the experts!!! ;)

disneycruiser. I am on that cruise too and sweating bullets right now. I don't believe you joined us on the roll call board, but we are meeting by the Caribe bar at sailaway (4:30 ish) to meet each other. look for people wearing leis. I am checking the forecast frequently and to me it looks worse all the time, maybe they will divert us to the western caribbean who knows. take patches, bonine, ginger, etc. check out the roll call board to see who else is coming, several people have left for FLL already.

Thanks, lets time I checked on noaa and heard on the Weather Channel it said it is probably could take a more westward turn toward the USVI.....I hate to sound spoiled but I am tired of the western route and chose this route bc we have never been to St. Thomas nor St. Marten. We fly down in the morning to FLL. Will look out for you. It will work out...........post if you hear anything from Princess or the path. I know it is the season as I live in eastern NC near the coast but it is just my luck to pick a cruise that goes to STT on the day a hurricane could hit it. I just hope the people on the islands are ok......we will be ok just have a little mystery.

BTW I did not join the roll call because it has been hard to plan this cruise with a hubby going back to Iraq and such but look forward to meeting everyone.

Sue, always my friend with the glass is half full attitude. You keep safe :)

If the storm of hurricane is projected to hit USVI and St. Marten then what does Princess do? Has this ever happened to anyone first hand.

I remember last year with Claudette sailed a few days after she hit on the Inspiration but since our ports are all pretty close in the same area and I would assume the islands could be damaged when and how does Princess make the decision?

We still go but we are going soon Saturday and if this thing stalls. Right now I really am upset but it is the risk you take this time or year but more curious where the could send us since this one area is in the "zone" and when they make the decision?

Any info would help :)

Archived