St Peter Port Channel Isl Infor needed

We arrive at 1:30 to 8:30 and were looking for any information of likes and dislikes about the port.We haven't booked an excursion.We may just go without one for this port but we haven't found anything about the port that wiggles the worm.Thanks for any help. John

We arrive at 1:30 to 8:30 and were looking for any information of likes and dislikes about the port.We haven't booked an excursion.We may just go without one for this port but we haven't found anything about the port that wiggles the worm.Thanks for any help. John

Do a search on this board using the name in the search function as there was a thread re this port with some tour info.I like ST.P...just walking around the town and I was there on a Bank Holiday when all was closed,but some restos were still open so if all is open it should be a nice visit.There was a tour someone gave on ths isalnd,but since I did not go I have no info,but as stated do a search on this board.

There is a fantastic castle in the port that the Germans used during WW2 - if it's anything like the castle in Jersey it would be fantastic to visit.

Getting around Guernsey is easy - there are plenty of buses and taxis.

Personally, I would do the castle and afterwards, soak up the ambience over a cream tea in one of the many tea shops overlooking the harbour.

Here's a link if you need it http://www.visitguernsey.com/guernsey.aspx

Enjoy - I love the Channel Islands!

Kevin

We booked a car-rental + a guide who took us around. It was great.

There are also small tour-operators.

So we had also occassion to get to places like you only know from "Rosamunde Pilcher"-movies... great landscapes...

2007NCLDreamGsyCliff-vi.jpg

2007NCLDreamGsyCoast2-vi.jpg

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks for the wealth of information.When we first booked this cruise St Peters Port was only a 5 hour stop.So we didn't make a big fuss about it.Last week we found out that X increased it to 7 hours.1:30 to 8:30.At least now we have something plan by.Thank you everyone for your imput.John

Archived