When is the best time to buy internet time?

dprg644

I am wanting to purchase a very small minute package on the Conquest so I can send a couple of emails from the ship to family. I am not needing to surf the internet for hours, just a few minutes here and there. When is the best (cheapest) time to buy minutes to use? As soon as you get on board? Middle of the trip? :confused:

Why not use a internet cafe in Cozumel then? Its $3 per hour at the one behind the square and $2 an hour from the one I went to where the Rhapsody docks further away from town.

Its past the square and turn left past a washateria....not far from the ship.

Here are the prices from the Carnival site. Be aware that the connection is very slow. It took 5 minutes to upload a 2 line email. We didn't buy a pkg we just did a "pay as you go" type of thing but there is an activation fee.

Internet Café Price List :

To utilize the internet service, the below options are available. Please note that the internet pricing options are identical, whether an Internet Café terminal is utilized, or a laptop. All internet access charges will be billed directly to the guest's onboard “Sail & Sign” Account:

An initial one-time Activation Fee of $3.95 applies to each user.

A basic time charge of $0.75 per minute (“Pay-As-You-Go”) is available. Minutes are rounded to the next full minute.

Discounted “Time Plans” offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans do not have to be used in a single session and can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation; No refund for unused minutes; Upgrading selected pricing option is not available. Plans are subject to change.

Cruises 7 days in length and longer:

100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)

250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

Cruises less than 7 days in length:

30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)

60 minutes for $24.00 ($0.40 per minute)

To rent a Wireless Radio Card for a guest's personal laptop, the rate is $10.00 per day; Optional insurance is $3.00 per day.

A limited number of laptops are available for rent using the Time Plan purchase; optional insurance is $10.00 per day.

Why not use a internet cafe in Cozumel then? Its $3 per hour at the one behind the square and $2 an hour from the one I went to where the Rhapsody docks further away from town.

Its past the square and turn left past a washateria....not far from the ship.

Hey I never thought of that....great idea. Thanks

Hey I never thought of that....great idea. Thanks

If you need better directions to the internet cafe by the square in town (its on the left hand side of the square, go past the square and turn left).

There is one showing on a 2nd floor of a bldg by the square but I was told the other is cheaper that is a little more hidden out of sight. I found the cheaper one because the one for tourists didnt open until 11 am.

I got time in Progresso for $1 an hour. Its quite cheap in most of these ports.

You can email me (my email is in my profile) too if my directions are not clear...I find the internet cafe in all the ports and usually use an hour's worth of time. Once I only did 30 minutes because it was a little more expensive, $6 for an hour or 30 minutes for $3 in St. Thomas, that was the highest I ran into so far.

On our last cruise the Internet Cafe offered a special, one day only of course, free 10 minutes if you got the package that day. Just check your Capers, it will tell you what you need to know.

Have a great cruise.

Archived