Christmas cruise

okat817

We had a Christmas and New Years cruise on Holland America Lines' M.S. Amsterdam a few years ago.

We embarked on Dec 18 and the ship had been decorated throughout with holiday decorations all over, including several Christmas trees. Red and white striped stockings and candy cane decorations were in a lot of places. EVERY cabin door had a small wreath on it (on the outside).

HAL had Hebrew, Catholic and Protestant clergy on-board, who conducted religious services throughout the cruise. On Christmas eve, the crew put on a really special and touching candlelit presentation in the main show lounge. Crew members sang holiday songs from their respective countries. This was followed by a very, very nice buffet in the atrium area.

On Christmas day, Santa Claus visited the ship to deliver gifts to the children who were onboard.

All-in-all, we thought HAL did a very nice job in helping guests (and crew) enjoy the holiday season as much as possible while far from home.

Hope this helps!

Royal Caribbean or Carnival would work with a 13 year old. I feel HAL's average age is too high and their kid's program isn't nearly what other lines offer. Book early, as holiday cruises tend to sell out.

I suspect all lines do a good job with Christmas. We did a New Years on Noordam IV and it was very festive. True HAL has an older clientele but my grandchildren prefer HAL Club to Disney's club believe it or not.

hi,

i think Carnival or princess . . . you can get ok prices on a x-mas cruise but if ur flying thats going to run u sum money .. . so if ur close to the port go for it but if ur flying just expect STREEEEEEESSSSSS

:confused:

Thank you all for your responses. I had a feeling that HAL would be a good choice. We have been on three cruises and HAL was by far our favorite and they had the best kids club activities despite thier older clientele. Luckily , we live within driving distance of the Florida ports so we do not have to worry about air travel.

Archived