FREE drinks

loviegirl26

Do they ever provide free alcoholic drinks on the cruise and if so, when:)

When you go to the Captains Welcome party, you can go to both the early and late dinning sittings. Also, you do not have to take the drinks off the tray, go up to the bar and order what you want. No, I have not done this, it was one of the the tips. And if you are a past cruiser, you can do the same thing except you can only go to one of the parties.

Is this party ONLY for past Carnival guests? I'm wondering because, there are 6 in our group, and half have sailed with Carnival before. Would the other three be welcome, perhaps as the guests of the past cruisers, or would they have to find something else to do during that time?

Is this party ONLY for past Carnival guests? I'm wondering because, there are 6 in our group, and half have sailed with Carnival before. Would the other three be welcome, perhaps as the guests of the past cruisers, or would they have to find something else to do during that time?

Past guests only, no "plus ones".

The drinks are a little smaller than the ones that you would pay for and the waiters seem to walk faster, I guess so they don't lose an entire tray to one table. We usually end up with at least one drink and hors d'oeuvre each. I use the free drink as a chance to try something new so I don't have to pay for a regular size that I don't like. Last year was Whiskey Sours, and it became my new favourite drink.

At the past guest party, the captains cocktail party, and the "group booking" private parties we've attended, we've never taken the drinks off the trays that they bring around. We always go to the bar and order whatever we want, and they are more than happy to make it for us. :) That's why the bartenders are at the bar, but they don't advertise this, because they would be overwhelmed.

But it's worth noting that those parties are not ALWAYS in a room with a bar. We've been on several cruises where either the captain's cocktail party or past guest party (or both) were held in the main show lounge -- no bar in there. I drink champagne, so I have no trouble getting several of those at each party.

At the Captain's cocktail party we sat a the table closest to the galley where the drinks were being made -at first we just grabbed whatever, but then our waiter told us the whiskey sours were good, then proceeded to bring the 5 of us 3 trays of drinks.

And it only helps when you tip the waiter, too! ;)

And how! Between 2 families sitting together, we tipped $1/drink...basically had our own waiter just hanging out around our area and brought us fresh drinks (with ice not melted or a warm drink) every 5 mins. We had so many drinks on the table we could barely finish! We didnt mind at all! ;)

Actually, twice I have sailed with a "newbie", and they WERE included in the invitation. of course, we were in the same cabin, so they probably figured they had to invite both of us...

Sweet!! I am a past cruiser with Carnival but my partner is not.

We'll totally be there now! Who would I be to turn down a free drink?!? :-D

Archived