BDAGUY..I have yet another question for you..

bermuda triangle

Hello There,

While discussing my upcoming BDA trip with my mother, we started looking online at all the "old" hotels that are no longer there. My first time in BDA I was 4 (1982), I have been back a bunch of times (even to a cocktail party at the Hamilton Princess' Executive Manager's home), however with the exception of this June the last was in 1993. So the scenery looked a tad different.

Anyway my question (asking for my mother) is do you recall a pink hotel in Flatts? If so, do you remember the name? She had friends who honeymooned there.

Thanks in advance..

Laura

p.s. can we buy you a pint for all your help?

Back in the 80's, my in-laws stayed at the Newstead. MIL has asked me about it but I find no listings. Any clue what it is now?

yup it was probably coral island hotel which is now st james court as my astute colleague pleiades has pointed out. the only other possibility is the palmetto bay hotel, although it wasn't pink, but if anyone has memory fade similar to mine, lime green can become dark grey after enough time.

newstead has been torn down and is nearly complete as a new hotel. the name of the development escapes me right now, but it is part of the belmont hills development. i'll update when i go by there to refresh my memory.

yup it was probably coral island hotel which is now st james court as my astute colleague pleiades has pointed out. the only other possibility is the palmetto bay hotel, although it wasn't pink, but if anyone has memory fade similar to mine, lime green can become dark grey after enough time.

newstead has been torn down and is nearly complete as a new hotel. the name of the development escapes me right now, but it is part of the belmont hills development. i'll update when i go by there to refresh my memory.

Let me know, so I can pass the info along. They have great memories from their trip. Wish we could have convinced them to go with us last month but since they are in their 80s, they think they are too old. I don't agree.

:)

Has anyone, especially you bdaguy, experienced this spot yet? I think it may be pretty new on the scene. I was wondering if they let "travelers" on the premises to swim, sun, explore, use facilities, etc., for a fee, of course. Travelling to my island in the sun on 9/29 and looking for something a little different to visit. I practically lived in BDA in the 80's and early 90's and looking forward to returning (visited in 2003?) to do some of the things I've always planned on. However, hotel on stilts isn't what I planned on, but would certainly enjoy experiencing. Any info is helpful. Tried reaching them on the phone, but always get an answering machine which is very disappointing. ;)

Has anyone' date=' especially you bdaguy, experienced this spot yet? I think it may be pretty new on the scene. I was wondering if they let "travelers" on the premises to swim, sun, explore, use facilities, etc., for a fee, of course. Travelling to my island in the sun on 9/29 and looking for something a little different to visit. I practically lived in BDA in the 80's and early 90's and looking forward to returning (visited in 2003?) to do some of the things I've always planned on. However, hotel on stilts isn't what I planned on, but would certainly enjoy experiencing. Any info is helpful. Tried reaching them on the phone, but always get an answering machine which is very disappointing. ;) [/b']

not quite a hotel on stilts, but cabanas on stilts. some are on land, but the ones over water are on concrete pilings and have a glass viewing panel in the floor. the atmosphere is very laid back and anyone can come by and use the facilities. there's an outdoor bar, watersports facility and 9 beaches. most are small randy honeymooner size, but there are two larger beaches as well. got to this page and scroll down to "daniel's head 9 beaches resort" for some pics. http://www.aquaticbermuda.com/photo_gallery.htm

Archived