Oceana - best cabins?

Pontius Navigator

We've had cabins on 'A' and Lido decks and they are not in the least noisy. As far as 'A' deck goes, we are usually either at the front or the rear of the ship, somehow we've never been in the middle but my preference on these 'Sea' class ships is definately the rear. The reason for this is the lifts, never busy and virtually there the minute you press the button. Also this part of the ship in general is very quiet.

On the other hand, the Lido deck corridor is only used by the occupants as there is nowhere to go, apart from the Bridge, so no-one uses it so it also is very quiet. (and handy for the pool)

Jimmy

• 1 month later...

We just came back of the Oceana weekender to Brugge. We found our cabins extremely nice and quiet, okay we did have a suite but my parents also had a cabin fairly close and they said it was very quiet as no one can go any further than the suite and there is no walkway round. It is at the back of ship and was better than the front on the sea as it was less bumpy.

HTH

Huw:)

PN

On these Sea class ships we always go for midships on C deck, on the basis

1) If the ship does start to rock and roll, these balcony cabins will experience the least movement.

2) Don't like forking out an extra hundred or two pounds just for the pleasure of having an A on my suitcase label.

Regards

Cb

PN

On these Sea class ships we always go for midships on C deck, on the basis

1) If the ship does start to rock and roll, these balcony cabins will experience the least movement.

2) Don't like forking out an extra hundred or two pounds just for the pleasure of having an A on my suitcase label.

Regards

Cb

VBG. Exactly where we have chosen for our fjords next August. Great minds and all that.

Archived