Luggage valet service....

terboo

Just wanted to know if you still have to claim your luggage after clearing customs?

I thought for the $20, you didnt see your luggage anymore until you returned home. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Terboo:)

Just wanted to know if you still have to claim your luggage after clearing customs?

I thought for the $20, you didnt see your luggage anymore until you returned home. Am I wrong?

Thanks for your help,

Terboo:)

This is how it was done with us in Miami with Delta.

Express Luggage Valet Service

There are 4 airlines that I know of that do this service. American, Delta Continental and United. There may be more now. ;)

We had this from Miami to home when we got off the Navigator.

For $10 a person, 2 pieces of luggage each, you can sign up for it during your time on board.

They have the forms at the pursers desk if you do not receive one in your room with your Cruise Compass.

We did a Saturday to Saturday cruise and the form had to be returned to the pursers by Thursday.

On the form, you give them your name, how many are traveling with you, your flight numbers, times, how many pieces of luggage you will be checking.

On the last night of the cruise, your cabin attendant will deliver the airline packet to your room.

There will be the colored tags that RCCL gives you, the boarding passes for everyone (clear on through to your final destination), and the airline luggage tags.

You put the colored RCCL tags on the bags, the airline baggage tags on and place them in the hall as you would normally do. People who use this service got Lavender RCCL tags. (we were given priority white ones, but did not use them because of the luggage express service.)

Warning: Call the pursers desk and confirm you are getting the service on your last evening.. Our next door cabin neighbors saw us in the airport and told us they were never told that they had been rejected from doing the luggage Express. They did not find out until they called the desk to ask where their packet was. No one would give them an explanation as to why.

We were called off the ship at 7:00 am. (We waited on line and actually got off at about 7:45) We went to the Delta Lavender carousel and got our bags. We had a porter take them to the Delta area where all the express luggage is lined up. We had to accompany him until they were placed in the Delta area.

This service was great. We had no problems and it was really nice not to have to drag luggage to the airport. When you are done in Miami, you hop a cab to the airport and go right on to security and to your gate because you have your boarding passes already.

Our luggage was on our plane and waiting in our airport when we arrived home.

Last April it was $10pp in San Juan. We had to go down and claim our luggage, and the porter walked it through customs and right to the AA dropoff point. From there we did not see it until we got back to Orlando. Service worked great and I would use it again in a heartbeat even if it is $20 pp

Archived