Need a special bag

goLC

I'm looking for a bag and can't find it! I need a messenger type bag, but not too big. I want it to cross over so I can easily carry it on board and in ports. Some of my travelmates have ordered one from travelon, but I always like to be a little "different" from everyone else. I don't want leather. A cell phone pocket would be nice. Wouldn't mind a fun color or even a print. Reliable closure is important. Just thought someone might know of a good choice! Thanks in advance!

I second the Heys Travelmate....just got the XL type for my Mariner cruise (Leaving in 16 days:eek: ). I got the leather just because I like the durability...good price, place for a cellphone/camera, zip-out compartment for a water botttle....I'm not the backpack type so this crossover bag is perfect for day trips. Leaves me hands-free but not looking like a student....not that anyone would mistake me for one :p .

urban outfitters has some nice ones. Crocs makes a fun one, that you can find in most department stores that carry their backpacks. (if you have a Belk's, try there for this particular one.) It might be in their luggage department. Nike (online) has one you can customize to the colors you want. Shoot. even target has some that are doable.

I'm looking for a bag and can't find it! I need a messenger type bag, but not too big. I want it to cross over so I can easily carry it on board and in ports. Some of my travelmates have ordered one from travelon, but I always like to be a little "different" from everyone else. I don't want leather. A cell phone pocket would be nice. Wouldn't mind a fun color or even a print. Reliable closure is important. Just thought someone might know of a good choice! Thanks in advance!

Do you have a Dillards/Macy's? They carry a line of purses and bags in cloth by Fossil. I love these and I've got a number of messenger bags, purses that are like messenger bags and totes from them that I use. They run anywhere from 30 to 150. Right now they are on sale at Dillards and the summer colors are fairly inexpensive. There is also a great company called Baggalinni (check out bagbuy.com). They are lightweight messenger and half pack bags in nylon. I got my bag for around 20.

Hope you find something.

Just be careful if your bag has a magnetized closure. Like an idiot, I demagnetized my ship card 3 times on our last cruise. DH just kept shaking his head and I know the purser's desk was sick of seeing me ask for a new card!

We had a fully aft cabin and I'd try to enter the room...no luck. DH was always somewhere else on the ship at the time. It didn't even dawn on me until our steward asked if my bag had a magnet. OK, so, then I had my "duh" moment. LOL :o :D

insiders cabin:

Can you tell which ones can be worn cross body? I went to the lesportsac.com site and liked how you can choose the pattern, but I couldn't tell if any could be worn cross body. I'll keep lookin.

To the OP: The bag I brought on my cruise last month was from Travelon (I know you said you wanted to be different - I got the leopard print - is that different enough?). I wore this bag across my body. Lots of pockets for cell phone, lipstick, keys, etc. Very light-weight. I carried this bag around the ship, on excursions, even on our hikes. The model I got has a magnetic center section, but I made sure to put key card in the front zippered portion and had no problem. Now that I'm home, I find this the perfect weekend bag.

Aloha, Logan

Just be careful if your bag has a magnetized closure. Like an idiot, I demagnetized my ship card 3 times on our last cruise. DH just kept shaking his head and I know the purser's desk was sick of seeing me ask for a new card!

We had a fully aft cabin and I'd try to enter the room...no luck. DH was always somewhere else on the ship at the time. It didn't even dawn on me until our steward asked if my bag had a magnet. OK, so, then I had my "duh" moment. LOL :o :D

That happened to my husband with a magnetized money clip! The bag I pictured has a magnet, so I'll have to be careful. I have a business card case that I use in place of a wallet when I only have a very small purse. I use a few business cards next to the magnet.

Kreeb:

same thing! Love the bags, but I can't tell if they can be worn crossbody; look like they'd be awesome totes, though!

Yes, the one-strap adjustable tote can be worn crossbody. The great thing about these totes is the way the inside is designed. It is divided into three vertical sections, so it really keeps things organized and easy to find.

Heys Travelmate is worn crossbody. It was especially useful (being hands free)for shopping, in airports and on an excursion in Costa Rica. I had everything but the kitchen sink in there. Everyone knew who to go to, when they needed something.:)

Judy

Sorry--did not get back to you earlier..doing some last minute errands before Cruising!!!..most of the lesportsac bags have adjustable straps. All of the measurements are given, so I think you could probably guesstimate what could work. I've generally worn mine on shoulder, but they are pretty light and flat and could work crossbody. Usually the design difference is the longer strap that makes the crossbody work, and these straps do adjust all the way.

Again, I can't thank everyone enough! And Kreeb and insider cabin, thanks for answering my specific questions. Now if I'd only hit the lottery, I could buy ALL these great bags! Now I'm just in a dilemma as to which one!

Archived