How much do you think it costs to charter FOS/LOS?

flagger

I think it would be great to charter the whole ship just for CC'rs. Just think, we could have championship boxing whereby the people that always want to fight on these boards, would be given the chance to.

Half the ship could be made non-smoking and the other half mandatory smoking.

Chair hogs would be convicted and chained to their chairs for the duration of the cruise.

Anheuser Busch could be a corporate sponsor and follow the ship with a supertanker of beer, so we wouldn't have to try to smuggle our kegs on board.

Anyone else want to add to the list?:D

Hypo

I wonder what Atlantis Events paid RCL to ch

arter the entire ship? How much would it cost to charter the entire Freedom or Liberty of the Seas for a 7-10 day cruise?

Back in 1996 the NJ PBA chartered Celebrity Century for their 60th anniversary cruise. I was in charge of our locals bookings and the total for that 7 day charter was $2,400,000. You had to be a NJ PBA member to book and the air was included in the price since everyone was obviously from NJ and had to fly.

It averaged out to approximately $1200 X 2000 passengers.

The cruise left from Fort Lauderdale and spent 3 days in St. Maarten (the only port) and the rest at sea.

No credit cards were accepted for payment of the cruise itself but one was needed onboard for purchases. 50% deposit was required when booking.

Now I couldn't even imagine what those huge ships would charge!!

This was my only experience with a charter and the ship was sold out...

I guess if you take the number of passengers that the ship holds and multiply it by a given amount, it would be a pretty good indicator of cost..

Since this was 11 years ago, I'm sure it would be astronomical now...

PAM

I am still wondering what it would cost.

My booked charter would be alcohol free.

In that case the charter price would probably be quite a bit higher to account for all the onboard revenue that would be lost.;)

:cool:

I wonder what Atlantis Events paid RCL to charter the entire ship? How much would it cost to charter the entire Freedom or Liberty of the Seas for a 7-10 day cruise?

I am sure RCL is not losing any money, if you go on Atlantis' website the price for one of thier cruises is at least a third over what RCL usually charges, no price drops given, ever! no C&A discounts either!

Atlantis brings onboard thier own DJ's and Headliners, so RCL saves money there also. They also plan thier own events and parties onboard, no bingo or ice sculpture demonstrations going on that week!

In that case the charter price would probably be quite a bit higher to account for all the onboard revenue that would be lost.;)

Just to add. There were some that didn't drink liquor on our cruise but they still had to purchase soda cards (or drink the freebies) so the cost of the trip still involved extras. Entertainment was provided by the ship but the theme of the cruise still revolved on NJ law enforcement. The comedians did a lot of "police jokes"..etc.

I really don't think the cruiseline lost any money that week as far as bar sales. They ran out of Coors Light on the second day in St. Maarten!

People still bought things on board that they would buy on a regular cruise and everything, other than the trip itself was extra.

I went as a delegate rep for the union so I had to attend meetings during the trip and although my cruise was free, (paid for through union funds) I still had to pay for all onboard purchases and land expenses.

PAM

When Atlantis or RSVP charters the ship, the cruise line is still making all the onboard revenue from the bars, spa, photos etc. We pay the premium for the pleasure (not always :)) of having the ship to "ourselves" and certain headline entertainment, deck parties every night, etc... they charter for a base price.. and then if they do not fill the ship to a certain percentage they pay a penalty for lost onboard revenue. The competition between the two companies has benefitted us the last couple of years, because they can only fill so many mega ships in a time frame, and they'd rather give you the cabin at a great deal to make sure they meet the capacity percentage... I have fun on any cruise, charter or not... but the charters can be pretty special.

Archived