Eastern Med Excursions

ussminnow

Hi! Has anyone ever done the following shore excursions in Greece and if so, would you recommend them?

"Taste of Athens" (Athens), "Athens & Cape Sounion with Lunch," and/or "Walking Tour of Historic Rhodes?" If you have done the Rhodes tour, is it worthwhile or is it equally good to do Old Town Rhodes on your own?

Thanks! :D

Hi, we have booked the Athens Sightseeing and Acropolis tour for thursday 27th sept. I looked at the Taste of Athens tour but thought that the only difference between tours is that the taste of athens offers ("approximately 3 hours - for lunch, shopping or independent exploring") before meeting up to return to the ship.

All of the main sights seem to be seen on both tours.

We have decided on the 4 hour Athens sightseeing and & Acropolis tour in lieu of the 8 hour Taste of Athens tour. The fee for the taste of athens tour is only 10USD per person extra for the 4 hours but I think in our instance - our time (2 adults 1 teen) will be better spent on board than on land (our daughter loves to shop - hey so do I !!!) We are planning just on walking around the walls of Rhodes on our own - after reading previous thoughts.

We return on the 12th of October, so within a couple of days I will hopefully do a review of ports, tours , our travel on the galaxy ect.

I have loved this cruise critic board, in fact I think I am turning into a cruise critic junkie!

Carol

Rhodes town is a wonderful place to just walk around at your own pace without being on an organised tour. It is only five minutes walk from the dock and very easy to find your way around.

Archived