Turtle Beach Closed?

cruzdreamin'

I have heard that Turtle Beach is closed and that no one knows when it will be open again. I will be going to St Kitts in November for the first time and this is one of the places I really wanted to go. Is there anywhere else that we can go to (beach wise) and see these monkeys? Thanks!!!

I have heard that Turtle Beach is closed and that no one knows when it will be open again. I will be going to St Kitts in November for the first time and this is one of the places I really wanted to go. Is there anywhere else that we can go to (beach wise) and see these monkeys? Thanks!!!

Yes, sadly Turtle Beach has closed. http://www.turtlebeach1.com

Hard to say when it will reopen. Everything takes awhile in the Caribbean!

You might catch a climpse of the cute vervet monkeys at Shipwreck's Beach Bar on South Friars or at Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack on South Frigate Bay. There is usually a troupe hanging out at Timothy Beach Resort.

Thanks Liz Pereira... I really hate that. However hopefully I can get our tour guide to take us to one of the other places while we are there. Everyone in our group really wanted to see these monkeys, don't ask me why...we just do...crazey, huh? Thanks again for your reply. Have a wonderful day!

Thanks so much! I found a video of these cute little critters endulging in the spirits at Turtle Beach and it was so funny! I guess now that the restaurant is closed they will either have to find another "watering hole" or "sober up"...LOL!!!! Again I appreciate any info you come across regarding this beach. Have a blessed day! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
not to promising looking to be open in November

The website page you posted did not open. Can you repost?

With the Turtle Beach Bar now closed, will this beach still have chairs to rent and/or shady areas? How about the famous monkeys... will they still hang out there?

The website page you posted did not open. Can you repost?

With the Turtle Beach Bar now closed, will this beach still have chairs to rent and/or shady areas? How about the famous monkeys... will they still hang out there?

Which website are you referring to?

There won't be any chairs to rent until the new restaurant is open. Hard to say if the monkeys will still come by if there is no food/drinks :) for them.

Which website are you referring to?

There won't be any chairs to rent until the new restaurant is open. Hard to say if the monkeys will still come by if there is no food/drinks :) for them.

The webpage opened up fine later. Thanks. Do you think it still pays to visit Turtle Beach on Nov. 1 even if the bar/restaurant are still closed? Any shady areas there under trees?

Thanks.

The webpage opened up fine later. Thanks. Do you think it still pays to visit Turtle Beach on Nov. 1 even if the bar/restaurant are still closed? Any shady areas there under trees?

Thanks.

Yes, it is still worth visiting Turtle Beach just for the view! http://seachupp.com/pics/kitts1024/turtle01.jpg

There is also shade available.

• 4 weeks later...
Any news yet on Turtle Beach?? We were hoping to visit over Xmas.

Thanks.

Not sure just yet if the restaurant or ammenties will be open but ALL the beachs on SK and Nevis are public area which means yes, you can go to Turtle Beach.

Archived