Interior Stateroom -- Goody Baskets?

TucsonDeb

I had read that there are often "goody baskets" provided in the rooms, with razors, shampoo, conditioner, etc. Are these provided to interior staterooms? And is it every time or is it the luck of the draw (dependent on ship, for example)? For all cruises or cruises of certain lengths (a week or more, for example)?

I ask because I don't want to pack these items if they're going to be provided anyway ... but I'd really hate to count on them and then not be able to wash my hair -- or pay outrageous prices in the ship stores.

Thanks in advance!

I had read that there are often "goody baskets" provided in the rooms, with razors, shampoo, conditioner, etc. Are these provided to interior staterooms? And is it every time or is it the luck of the draw (dependent on ship, for example)? For all cruises or cruises of certain lengths (a week or more, for example)?

I ask because I don't want to pack these items if they're going to be provided anyway ... but I'd really hate to count on them and then not be able to wash my hair -- or pay outrageous prices in the ship stores.

Thanks in advance!

Baskets are in all cabins. Last week we had razors, pepcid, crest and lotion.

Soap and shampoo dispensers are in the shower.

I believe they do in all staterooms but not sure how often they refill them. . i guess depends on your steward maybe or how busy the ship is.. I know they do have soap and shampoo dispensers in the actual showers.. someone can correct me if I am wrong but i heard that somewhere. hope that helped.

And ours had Oil Of Olay too. :D

Wasnt the lotion Oil of Olay? I didnt even check :) I know it was in a square black box.

On our two cruises we even got samples of novels to try.

I almost forgot we did have a mini romance novella.

Wasnt the lotion Oil of Olay? I didnt even check :) I know it was in a square black box.

I almost forgot we did have a mini romance novella.

Actually I just looked and it was the self tanning lotion put out by Vaseline called Healthy Body Glow.

I think you got the idea -- the goodies you get is dependent on what samples the stewart have on hand to fill the basket. My experience is the basket is filled once at the start of the cruise and no refills during. I have gotten Emergen-C packets, sample toothpastes, travel size deodorant, disposable shavers, sample novels (you get only one or two chapters of the book to whet your appetite), travel size body lotion, sample size conditioner, etc.

There is a soap dispenser and shampoo dispenser in the shower. Those are refilled as they get low.

I definitely recommend bringing your own conditioner. Who knows if you would get a sample, and even if you do, you might not like it.

Ours was Oil of Olay Revitalift. Maybe my cabin steward thought my eyes looked tired...lol. ;)

Oh dear, what does that say about what my cabin stewart thought of me???? :eek: Leaving candy.....

That does it, this diet HAS to work before my next cruise so I can get tanning lotion or something....;)

Oh dear, what does that say about what my cabin stewart thought of me???? :eek: Leaving candy.....

That does it, this diet HAS to work before my next cruise so I can get tanning lotion or something....;)

Oh I got candy too. AND two smilie cookies on the pillows (for the kids of course, but I had to try a bite)

So what does that say about me? lol :p

We had self tanning lotion and vitamin C packets that were berry flavored you add to water and drink. Some got romance novels lol

Oh as someone above said we did get really nice razors, two mens and a womens, the expensive kind, not el cheapo kind. I loved those.

We had self tanning lotion and vitamin C packets that were berry flavored you add to water and drink. Some got romance novels lol

Oh as someone above said we did get really nice razors, two mens and a womens, the expensive kind, not el cheapo kind. I loved those.

Ohhh yeah I had those berry Vitamin C packets also. :p

Romance novels? I never got any romance novels. :eek:

Yes, I received them on both my cruises. They weren't the whole novel though....just part of it so if you did decide to read it, you would have to buy the full version of the book. The one I have from my last cruise is called "Breathtaking Romantic Suspense". :p

Yes, I received them on both my cruises. They weren't the whole novel though....just part of it so if you did decide to read it, you would have to buy the full version of the book. The one I have from my last cruise is called "Breathtaking Romantic Suspense". :p

Oh yeah that sounds like a real page turner....lol.

Archived