Grand Suite on Serenade or Radiance of the Seas

Sea Island Lady, Folgy - Thanks for the reassurance!

I told my husband that I didn't think people would stand around staring at us. If it was me, I would quickly look away if I glanced over and saw someone on their balcony.

Hey, a semi-private balcony is better than no balcony. I'll make sure to behave myself. :-) I don't want to end up reading about myself on this board a few months later in a thread titled 'crazy things I saw people doing on their balcony'!

The photos are a Godsend I booked the Jewel out of Boston(NO FLYING) 10 day 10-12-2005 and booked 1554 . Did not know if this was an o.k. or not but I am reassured by photos. It will be our 26th Anniversary and I just wanted something very special and, I think becuse of you all I did o.k. It will be nice to be near the elevators and stairs and concierge. Anyone have actual photos of cabin 1554? thank you for the photos of 1552 I put them on my screen saver so now I have them to look at all year till our cruise.AND pay for it all year too ;-}..Oh I'm not sitting tah home for our 25th we are off to Baltimore(NO FLYING) for the 10 day Granduer in a Junior Suite,any chance one of you computer wizards has pics of that?Because the Junior Suite, went a little over the top on some extras and ordered doz.roses decorations champagne strawberries and romace package too .The whole Quahog!!!!Happy cruising I love this site!!

If you email me I can send you some pics of 1554 on the Jewel of the Seas.

I didn´t took them myself so I wono´t post them on the net.

You can use the link to my website and there is my email.

The photos are a Godsend I booked the Jewel out of Boston(NO FLYING) 10 day 10-12-2005 and booked 1554 . Did not know if this was an o.k. or not but I am reassured by photos. It will be our 26th Anniversary and I just wanted something very special and, I think becuse of you all I did o.k. It will be nice to be near the elevators and stairs and concierge. Anyone have actual photos of cabin 1554? thank you for the photos of 1552 I put them on my screen saver so now I have them to look at all year till our cruise.AND pay for it all year too ;-}..Oh I'm not sitting tah home for our 25th we are off to Baltimore(NO FLYING) for the 10 day Granduer in a Junior Suite,any chance one of you computer wizards has pics of that?Because the Junior Suite, went a little over the top on some extras and ordered doz.roses decorations champagne strawberries and romace package too .The whole Quahog!!!!Happy cruising I love this site!!

..so you are the one that got my suite. I guess I will phone my T/A and try a different sail date for 1554 ..either the week before or the week after . Keeping my fingures crossed.

I am totally BUMMED!!!!!!!! . I not only can't get #1554 BUT,...........RCCL drooped New England as an Itinerary and the Radiance class ships are doing stupid Bahamas and caribbean instead *BLECH!*

It looks like I have to switch to Princess Cruises to get the New England Itinerary. *sigh*

Hi Straughn!!

I was curious if you could help me, or anyone that has been in a Grand Suite on the Radiance... Does the tub have a shower curtain? I hate those darn things sticking to you!! YUCK! :) If the GS has a shower curtain, does the Owners Suite also, or do they have the plexi glass partition thingy? What ships now do not have shower curtains?

Thanks!

Just a few questions :)

On the Serenade or the Radiance of the Seas, has anyone stayed in a Grand Suite? If so, which cabin number? Did you like this cabin? Location? Balcony? I've heard that on a few of the Grand Suite balconies, people from the Concierge Lounge can look right at you? Is this true? Anyone LOVE their Grand Suite Cabin they where in and would recommend it to me?

Ok, enough with the 100 questions :)

Thanks,

Jennifer in MI :D

Best Grand Suite on the Radiance is 1060. The balcony is HUGE! Grab it if you can.

O.K. -- I am confused, but, first of all. Thanks for the great pictures of the Jewel GS. I have looked on some visual sites, but have not found the Jewel as an updated ship on their sites!

Folgy,

On the love affair with the #1554 -- I probably COULD have booked that suite -- all the GS's are long gone on my spring cruise! However, while the cabin is larger, isn't the balcony smaller? I have throughly loved the expanse of windows all the way across the back in the GS (Vision ships) -- To me, the design with the wall in between really takes away from this, otherwise, wonderful suite.

Don't recall my suite number at the moment, but didn't want to be right next to the Concierege -- we're "down the hall 4 or 5.

Bookit

O.K. -- I am confused, but, first of all. Thanks for the great pictures of the Jewel GS. I have looked on some visual sites, but have not found the Jewel as an updated ship on their sites!

Folgy,

On the love affair with the #1554 -- I probably COULD have booked that suite -- all the GS's are long gone on my spring cruise! However, while the cabin is larger, isn't the balcony smaller? I have throughly loved the expanse of windows all the way across the back in the GS (Vision ships) -- To me, the design with the wall in between really takes away from this, otherwise, wonderful suite.

Don't recall my suite number at the moment, but didn't want to be right next to the Concierege -- we're "down the hall 4 or 5.

Bookit

The Balcony is slightly larger than all the other GS suites .

1554 is the best. I am totally hooped as the Itinerary has changed on me since I tried booking.

I can't stand Bahamas or the Caribbean.

I am having one poo poo time trying to find my next cruise. :(

The GS have a tub/shower combination with a shower curtain. However the tub is deep and the curtain is shorter than a shower curtain you might have at home. It only goes about 1/2 way down the inside of the tub. I have never had a problem with it blowing around and sticking to me. In a OS you have a bathtub and a separate shower with a shower door-no curtain.

Is 1554 as large on the inside as the other GS's? I noticed that in one of the pics that someone posted that the two sitting chairs by the couch are missing.

TMartin- don't worry about people in the lounge checking you out. Anyone that is in the lounge will be staying in a GS or above pretty much. So I can't imagine that they'll be that interested in checking out your balcony. Know what I mean?

Last Christmas we booked a balcony on the Brilliance. I spent a lot of time researching the perfect balcony cabin for us - we have a disabled daughter and wanted one close to elevators and the library, etc. I was more than a little upset when upon checking in at the pier we were given a different cabin #. DH tried to calm me down, but I was determined not to be happy with the change. That was, until I opened the door to GS #1556 - Merry Christmas from RCL to us! I'd book this suite again in a minute - LARGE balcony on the hump, close to the concierge lounge (we helped ourselves to enless capuccinos), and enjoyed all the perks of a suite. Sailing to Hawaii on the Radiance soon - can't afford a suite for this trip unless there is an awesome deal at the pier - I'm hoping.

Last Christmas we booked a balcony on the Brilliance. I spent a lot of time researching the perfect balcony cabin for us - we have a disabled daughter and wanted one close to elevators and the library, etc. I was more than a little upset when upon checking in at the pier we were given a different cabin #. DH tried to calm me down, but I was determined not to be happy with the change. That was, until I opened the door to GS #1556 - Merry Christmas from RCL to us! I'd book this suite again in a minute - LARGE balcony on the hump, close to the concierge lounge (we helped ourselves to enless capuccinos), and enjoyed all the perks of a suite. Sailing to Hawaii on the Radiance soon - can't afford a suite for this trip unless there is an awesome deal at the pier - I'm hoping.

Hey , I am from Kamloops too. :D

ummmmmmm 1556 is the RS suite. I was in 1554 this August right beside it. :confused:

Archived