Christmas Shops in Sitka?

Wyldboy72

Awhile ago, I was scanning a travel book in a bookstore and remember reading that Sitka (I think) had two "amazing" Christmas stores. Now I can't remember what book I found that in and didn't find anything on google.

Anyone have any info/locations of these stores? Are they worth stopping by?

Thanks!

I don't recall Sitka having either amazing stores or a Christmas store. Skagway has at least one, but it's far from amazing - and there's an online one at Skagway too - http://www.alaskachristmasstore.com/ . Now Santa Claus House at North Pole (Fairbanks) is closer to being an "amazing" Christmas store (a "very cool" one at least :D )

Murray

The only one that I can think of in Sitka is the Russian "stackable" doll ornaments. I bought one there and is now hanging on my xmas tree. It is right on the main street. Cannot miss it. Sorry do not know the name of the store.

marilyn

I don't remember any Christmas shops in Sitka either.

It may have been Juneau. There's Grandfather Frost on Franklin Street, and I swear there used to be another Christmas shop, but there's a lot of turnover on the 'Shopper's Row' so the book could have been listing a now defunct business.

Many gift shops have ornaments; they're small, thus easy to take home, and can touch on every AK theme. I'm surprised more gift shop owners haven't switched over to just Christmas.

As I remember there were two Christmas shops in Sitka. Sorry I can't remember how to tell you just where but definitely in the main town area near the church.

Bucky the one near the church is the Russian xmas shop. It is beautiful inside. We were just there in May and I honestly cannot remember another xmas shop but all of the stores there carry xmas ornaments and alot of other souvenier stuff.

Marilyn

Archived