HAL & Westerdam Info desired

GPN

All,

After 10 cruises on various "others" (RCL, NCL, Carni, Princess, Celebrity), I just booked (today) Westerdam for March 23rd, 2008 for wife an I. I've been cruizin the boards for any info I can find, but was curious if anyone knows where there might be some menus or "dailys" (cruise compass. Patters, Capers, whatever they might be called on HAL. The menus and dailys always give me a good feel for the ships, and also keeps me cranked up!

Thanks,

Would post a thread specifically requesting information on ships menu. I have seen people post the entire menu for a cruise when that information is requested.

Do not know if they use same menu on all ships but can guess they are similar.

Do not miss:

Bread pudding in lido lounge

Club sandwich from room service

Ruth & Jim

Hi,

We were on the Westerdam in March 2007. Pretty good ship. It was full and it never seemed crowded at all. The crew is very friendly and hard working. We would not hesitate to sail on her again.

With regard to the activities, you will need to read the daily newspaper carefully. There is lots of small print. We had the late dinner and then went to the show, so when we got back to the stateroom, we were probably a little tired, but that was the first chance we got to look over the bulletin as it was delivered while we were at dinner. We did miss a few things.

Some have suggested to bring a highlighter to mark the events in which you are interested.

I have not seen any recent Westerdam daily scheds posted on the net for a while. There are some old ones, but they did not help us too much as they were pretty out of date.

Some scheduled events are broadcast on the ship closed-circuit TV. Some events did not seem to make it into the daily bulletin.

Bottom line advice...read the daily bulletin carefully and use a highlighter. Also, the cruise director and his staff were almost always around and they are great sources of info, too.

Hope this is of some help.

Cheers

Cruisepucks :cool:

All,

After 10 cruises on various "others" (RCL, NCL, Carni, Princess, Celebrity), I just booked (today) Westerdam for March 23rd, 2008 for wife an I. I've been cruizin the boards for any info I can find, but was curious if anyone knows where there might be some menus or "dailys" (cruise compass. Patters, Capers, whatever they might be called on HAL. The menus and dailys always give me a good feel for the ships, and also keeps me cranked up!

Thanks,

CC member Schplinky was on the Westerdam last winter, and scanned as many of the cruise documents as he could. He wasn't able to do the menus, however. Here's the link.

ps you can click on each document to enlarge it.

Love the ship. It was refurbished earlier this year. One group of 6 we met had been on the ship in November 2005 and said they could not believe it was the same one. Our cabin steward was awsome.

The soups we tried were exceptional and the alternatives at the bottom of the menu each night included New York Strip (12oz), Salmon, or Chicken cooked with any sauce you wanted -in case you didn't see anything you liked. Don't miss the Dessert Extravaganza (we did on our first HAL cruise). If you have late seating, go first to take pictures before you go to the show and than back after the show to try the desserts.

There was also a barbeque one night on the Lido deck (Med cruise, not in Alaska but I would bet in the Carribean) and we enjoyed that as an alternative to the main dining room. We also like going on the kitchen tour - not sure if anyone else does one? It has been at about 10:30am on the first sea day, so if someone is planning a CC Meet & Greet, try to get them to make it slightly later, like 11:15am.

We loved the ship!

Archived