Replacement for Mariner of the Seas

cathymct

Yes, Mariner is repositioning to the west coast. They have not announced a replacement yet, but there are plenty of rumours. You should be able to find several threads related to this back a couple of weeks ago ... you should be able to find them through a search on Mariner and repositioning.

Does anyone know what ship will be replacing Mariner of the Seas? From what I've read, Mariner will be moving to the west coast from Port Canaveral next year or early 2009.
As other posters have said, no replacement has been announced. Lots of speculation including a Freedom or Genesis class. If RCI replaces Mariner, it would probably be in late 2009 when they introduce Geneis and may want to move some ships from Miami. Here is one of the most comprehensive threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=566499

Thanks for all the quick replies. Now, another question...is there a definite date when Mariner will be leaving? We're planning on going again in Feb. or Mar. of 2008? From what I've been reading Mariner will be gone by the end of 2008.

Anybody have info on this?

Thanks for all the quick replies. Now, another question...is there a definite date when Mariner will be leaving? We're planning on going again in Feb. or Mar. of 2008? From what I've been reading Mariner will be gone by the end of 2008.

The last cruis is very late December (maybe the 28th) which begins the relocation to the West Coast. You will be fine in Feb. or March of 2008.

Yup, there is a thread called something like "want to join up on the repo of Mariner to LA" or some such thats been going on. The date is set for the 46 day repo cruise you can buy in three sections or one big cruise.

Just off Mariner today. Went to the talk with Captain Per and he was asked what ship was going to replace Mariner. He did not say it was going to happen but he DID say that Genisis was a possibility. He said that pilots from Port Canaveral had gone to Miami and using the docking simulator there had "docked" the Genisis in Port Canaveral sucessfully. I guess it is all still up in the air. He said they would have to build a new terminal and that the channel would need to be made wider.

Most of the staff believe it is going to be either the liberty or the freedom and said they will put transfers in to whatever ship comes to the port. I hate seeing the mariner leave, but it appears whatever replaces this ship in PC will have most of the same staff, except captain johnny, he is going with the mariner to the west cost.

One way or another a larger ship is going into that port, right now RCCL and the port are arguing over who is going to pay for the cost to make the pier bigger to handle the bigger ships. I have heard it might be the genesis too, but personally I dont believe it will go there right away.

Most of the staff believe it is going to be either the liberty or the freedom and said they will put transfers in to whatever ship comes to the port. I hate seeing the mariner leave, but it appears whatever replaces this ship in PC will have most of the same staff, except captain johnny, he is going with the mariner to the west cost.

One way or another a larger ship is going into that port, right now RCCL and the port are arguing over who is going to pay for the cost to make the pier bigger to handle the bigger ships. I have heard it might be the genesis too, but personally I dont believe it will go there right away.

I agree -- think it will be a Freedom class.

Hey sherri! Just got off the mariner today, and I love it each time I go too. My heart just breaks that they are taking my favorite ship away, but I was truly relieved to hear most of the staff will be transferring to the ship that takes its place.
Janet -- Glad you had such a good time. We will definitely be on whatever ship replaces Mariner in Port C. I want to fit in an extra cruise on Mariner before she leaves.

Archived