Our Alaska Pix

carolk7

Carol,

WOW is right! Your photos are gorgeous! Looks like you had fantastic weather! We are leaving on June 16th from Seward to Vancouver and I would love to have some of that sunshine.

What kind of camera did you use? I am thinking about getting a digital and am not sure what kind to get.

We are using Michelle's Island Air as well so I was very excited to see your photos from that outing.

Thanks for posting those pics!

What camera did you use?

Ginny

carolk7,

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures! They are gorgeous - I wish we were going next week instead of in 3 months! Did you get up at the crack of dawn to take some of these shots -especially Creek Street - everything looks deserted! Was your floatplane trip to the Misty Fjords with Island Wings or Island Air? What did you think?

Crack of dawn for creek street, well sorta, since we only had til noon in the port, we must have been there around 6-7ish icon_smile.gif

Our camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ10, its a 4MP, with a 12x optical zoom, I forget what the digital zoom part adds to that-(I believe still one of the best zooms around), the lens is made my leica who is famous for lenses in the non digital world.

My hubby took almost every pix you saw, he did a great job!

We went with Michelle from Island Wings, sorry for the mis-writing on pix, i fixed this morning. She was awesome, and our flight/landing time was shortened due to our short time in port, so if you are scheduled for the regular flight time you will get even MORE of what we saw.

Glad you all enjoyed! icon_smile.gif

carol t

Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures. You all did an amazing job. Also, thank you for taking the time to share them with us. It makes me even more exited to get there!!!

12Cruise

Norwegian Star 06-27-04

Carol,

Nice pictures. Do you know how long it takes to upload each picture? I notice you are putting them in at max resolution. Getting ready to do the same but need to get organized and figure out how to best put in. Thanks again.

Great Photo's thanks!

Scandinavian Sun

Emerald Seas

Island Princess

Seaward

Norway

Westward

Sensation

Facsination

Majesty of the Seas

Dawn Princess

Inspiration

Norwegian Dream

Norwegian Sun

Grandeur of the Seas (June 2002)

Carnival Paradise (Sept 2002)

Grand Princess (June 2003)

Disney Magic (Sept 2003)

Diamond Princess (June 2004)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Diamond Princess Here We Come!

Carol,

it looks like those pictures of inside passage with the whales and beautiful scenery were taken from the ship!? Was that on deck, or off of your balcony? Did you have to zoom in a lot to get those shots? We got a balcony because I wanted to be able to see that kind of stuff without going on deck with the crowds. But people have said you hardly ever see whales from the ship. What do you think? While cruising through inside passage, how far was the ship from the land? Were you port or starboard? (looks like starboard to me)

Seeing your pictures (hopefully from the ship) really gets my hopes back up on this issue!

Thanks for the AWESOME preview of our July trip!!

sarahjane

Serenade to Alaska 7/25/04!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;7;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Serenade 7/04

Enchantment 1/04

Voyager 7/02

Majesty 2/01

Thanks for sharring the pics! I think Yukon would probebly agree but it is amazing to see the place I wake up in everyday threw someone elses eyes. Like this morning it's raining and sort of crapy out and I was all grupmy driving to work but seeing your pics makes me put it back into perspective how lucky I am! icon_smile.gif I'm so glad you had a such a great trip! icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

9/04 Pride Second Anniversary, First Honeymoon!

Carolk7,

What great pictures, makes us even more excited for our cruise coming up in 82 days!!! Thank you for sharing!!

Erin & Brent

"Friends are the family that you choose for yourself"

Carol Your pictures are wonderful, thanks so much for sharing them.

tinydancer21 Since you live in AK, I am hoping you can answer my question. Will be gong to AK in August of 2005. Was wondering what type of coat and rain gear to buy. Have gotten some suggestions from past cruisers, but would love to have your imput since you are a local. My husband worked in AK many years ago (Tok, Fairbanks, Delta Junction to name a few places) but he was always there during the winter months and needed heavy-duty gear. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

I think August is the hardest month to pack for... I got married in August 2002 and it was so hot we all almost melted it was up to 100! A record breaker! Last year however, it rained almost the whole month of July and August. I would buy a semi cheep rain jacket, something you can fold up in a back pack and carry with you just in case. I don't think you'll need anytyhing heavy duty. As far as shoes go, some sort of light weight hiking boot that is waterproff might be good to pack since you'll probebly be doing a lot of walking regardless of the weather. icon_smile.gif

I hope you have an awsome time! You'll be suprised at how much Fairbanks has has changed over the past couple of years! We just got a Wal-Mart this summer! It was like a holiday in Fairbanks when it opened! haha

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

9/04 Pride Second Anniversary, First Honeymoon!

Absolutely incredible pics - funny, but I was just looking at digital cameras online right before I came to this site. DH wants one before our Alaska trip - your pics just made up my mind - DH will get one. Now, could someone help me with the memory thing with digital cameras. I need to buy extra memory cards before we travel, correct? I do not have a laptop that I will bring along to download each night. Thanks for help on this subject.

tinydancer21 Thanks for the good advice. I am so looking forward to our trip. We met while he was working for a large engineering company in AK and thought it would be nice to return there to celebrate our 25 year anniversary. icon_smile.gif

carolk7-really outstanding pictures! So, what tours did you do in Juneau and Skagway and with whom did you book? Would you recommend them? We're sailing on the Diamond in July and can't wait.

Archived