RCCL Visa--Royal Points not credited

Again, I have read of others getting this issue resolved although it seems some have had to be more diligent than others.

I really lucked out on this little glitch. I cancelled some excursions and a deposit to the tune of $586 that posted as Celebrity. A few days later I made final payment on our upcoming Mediterranean cruise and it posted as RCCL. Got my statement and single points were deducted for the cancellations and double points were posted for the final payment. I will not be informing them of the little snafu. :cool:

As has happened to a number of people, our deposit on our next cruise posted as "Celebrity cruises" and we were not credited the Royal Points on our statement. Who did you call to rectify this situation? Bank of America or Royal Caribbean?

Thanks for your help!

Call Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor. They will get the points applied to the card.

Thanks. Anyone had luck resolving this?

After being on the phone for almost an hour mine was finally resolved. You need to call C & A and they can fix it. They said it would not show up on our statement for 1-2 billing cycles.

Oddly enough we received a phone call a couple days ago stating it was taken care of and the points were added. I should see them on the next statement....hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the same phone call from C & A saying it was resolved and give it 1-2 billing cycles, but 2 billing cycles and no double points. I called C & A again and talked to a clueless gal who finally tranferred me to someone else, and he promised me that Kara would call me the next day and it would be resolved(again!) but no phone call. Just called again and explained I am not getting return phone calls or the points correction and I was told that Kara is the only one that can help, and they don't think she's in but they'd email her again to call me and get this fixed. Sorry for the run-on sentences but I am a tad peeved. So if anyone has any other suggestions or experiences, please let me know. I really need them to get this credited correctly so I can order my certificates for my cruise!

Again, I have read of others getting this issue resolved although it seems some have had to be more diligent than others.

I really lucked out on this little glitch. I cancelled some excursions and a deposit to the tune of $586 that posted as Celebrity. A few days later I made final payment on our upcoming Mediterranean cruise and it posted as RCCL. Got my statement and single points were deducted for the cancellations and double points were posted for the final payment. I will not be informing them of the little snafu. :cool:

I think you just did

How does this work? When we go later this month on EOS, I plan to sign up for a 14-night cruise. That should give me some onboard credit, right? Plus I will have $250 credit because I am a shareholder. Maybe even more credits if I decide to get an RCCL Visa card. My question: Do I have to spend all of this on one cruise? or is it like a debit card where I spend what I want and the rest is waiting for future use? We are not big on-board spenders, although I see where we can use it for tips.

How does this work? When we travel in two weeks on EOS, I plan to sign up for a 14-night Celebrity cruise, for which I believe I will receive some credit. Right? Then I will receive $250 by virtue of being a shareholder. Maybe other credits for using RCCL Visa card??? Do I have to spend all of this on one cruise? or is it like a debit card where I spend some and the rest remains available for another time. We are not big on-board spenders, but we would plan to use it for tips.

Not sure how this is a snafu when the Celebrity points would have only posted as single points.

Not sure how this is a snafu when the Celebrity points would have only posted as single points.

The cancellations were RCCL but posted as Celebrity. When I purchased originally I got double points. When cancelled, only single points were deducted.

I got the same phone call from C & A saying it was resolved and give it 1-2 billing cycles, but 2 billing cycles and no double points.

I'm not saying this is your case or not, but you may want to re-check your statement to make sure you didnt actually receive them - because when I finally got my double points it didnt show up on my statement as points earned that month or Royal /Double points like usual - they were just added to my grand total at the bottom.

From my experience they were quick to respond to the problem and very thorough with a follow up phone call.

I'm not saying this is your case or not, but you may want to re-check your statement to make sure you didnt actually receive them - because when I finally got my double points it didnt show up on my statement as points earned that month or Royal /Double points like usual - they were just added to my grand total at the bottom.

From my experience they were quick to respond to the problem and very thorough with a follow up phone call.

That's how my statement was last month. They owed me 500 points and it was just added to the total points.

I got the same phone call from C & A saying it was resolved and give it 1-2 billing cycles, but 2 billing cycles and no double points. I called C & A again and talked to a clueless gal who finally tranferred me to someone else, and he promised me that Kara would call me the next day and it would be resolved(again!) but no phone call. Just called again and explained I am not getting return phone calls or the points correction and I was told that Kara is the only one that can help, and they don't think she's in but they'd email her again to call me and get this fixed. Sorry for the run-on sentences but I am a tad peeved. So if anyone has any other suggestions or experiences, please let me know. I really need them to get this credited correctly so I can order my certificates for my cruise!

The original price should be in your 'monthly' points. The extra will be under the monthly points. You will not see them as double points, but the double part will be a seperate amount under the monthly points. I really did not explain that well........

As has happened to a number of people, our deposit on our next cruise posted as "Celebrity cruises" and we were not credited the Royal Points on our statement. Who did you call to rectify this situation? Bank of America or Royal Caribbean?

Thanks for your help!

This happened on my last statement. I called C & A, I was told it would be taken care of and last week I received a phone call from C & A telling me it was taken care of. :)

her name is Kierston Delano. 800-386-6262 x87926

She is head of card services & took great care with a problem I had. I told her about the RCCL purchases being charged as Celebrity so no double points. Folks paid off their accounts to learn this. She she wants you to call, possibly leave a message with name & phone number & she will return your call. She wants to assist all of you.

Thanks for your help!

If you are purchasing anything Celebrity, then you have to charge it onto your Celebrity Worldpoints VISA to get double points or if you use the RCCL Platinum Plus VISA you will get single points. I find it quite weird that the same company has to have 2 cards. Haven't seen a Pullmantur or the "A" line's cards yet.

How does this work? When we travel in two weeks on EOS, I plan to sign up for a 14-night Celebrity cruise, for which I believe I will receive some credit. Right? Then I will receive $250 by virtue of being a shareholder. Maybe other credits for using RCCL Visa card??? Do I have to spend all of this on one cruise? or is it like a debit card where I spend some and the rest remains available for another time. We are not big on-board spenders, but we would plan to use it for tips.

You have to use all your OBC on the cruise where they are posted. It is not like a debit card. It does not carry over. I've never had a problem spending all my credits and then some.

Ann

Interesting

Dialed MACOP number, but not the extension to again to solve this issue.

Had the option of 'is this to do with credit card' so i hit I think #6?

I thought it took me to a better place in crown and anchor

but after waiting 5 minutes it took me to bank of america

where a nice gentleman (sorry no name) actually tried to help me and couldnt.

Went to his supervisor while I was on hold, and they fix whatever the issue was and he is crediting the account for the celebrity cruise.

now to see the next statement to make sure.

Is this the first time BOA has helped with the situation?

Archived