A New Oceania??

bogey

I've been away from cruising for over a year and haven't been keeping up to date with developments at my favorite cruise line.

Have folks noticed any changes (positive or negative) since the buyout of Oceania? Has the Oceania corporate structure remained steady?

In particulay, is Mr. Del Rio (aka the master of customer service) still with the line?

Thanks for all input.

Bogey

From the perspective of a past (and "future") Oceania cruiser, I am not sure anyone would recognize any visible changes in the cruise line, other than for the infusion of new capital. That became evident with the signing of contracts for two (perhaps three) new ships at a cost of $500 million each.

If you were to read reports about Apollo, you might concur that they do not appear to interfere much in the operations of those companies that they have invested in. As long as they remain profitable, so much for the good....

And yes, our favorite cruise line president, Mr. FDR, is still at the helm - looking after each and every problem - including the missing "Blueberries"....

:D

And yes, our favorite cruise line president, Mr. FDR, is still at the helm - looking after each and every problem - including the missing "Blueberries"....

:D

Tell me it ain't so. I would be extremely put out if there were no blueberries to go with my yogurt for breakfast.

It ain't so. You can read about it here. And, a couple of more or less lighthearted followups here and here. But, the gist of it is this quote from FDR:

...here's the new OFFICIAL POLICY effective immediately:

The Restaurant staff will ALWAYS fulfill a guest's request for FRESH berries during dinner in the Grand Dining Room, Polo and Toscana.

The Executive Chef onboard each ship will increase the quantities of fresh berries ordered to insure adequate supplies.

My apologies to all who have been denied their request for fresh berries in the past. It will not happen again.

Tell me it ain't so. I would be extremely put out if there were no blueberries to go with my yogurt for breakfast.

Yes, it ain't so!! Please do read the previous posts. It's simply another example of how Mr. FDR can involve himself in any kind of a problem - simply to satisfy an upset passenger. The "missing blueberries" was not to imply that there was a "Caine Mutiny" situation on board......:D

Archived