Lotus Spa

Lovely_Star

If you want to try out the spa, the specials are a good way to go. However, you usually have to take what times they have open.

As this has been discussed alot, the sales pitches can be pretty heavy. When you fill out your "form" include not interested in purchasing products. Sometimes after being so relaxed, you get bombarded with product pitches and it just ruins the experience. If you start off from the beginning that you are not interested it makes your spa experience worth it.

If you get a chance, try the Hot Stone Massage. Then, just ENJOY!

I'm sorry if this question reflects my ignorance. :o

I do understand there are charges for spa services, salon services and exercise classes at the spa, but is there a charge for using the exercise equipment, lap pool, sauna/steam room? If so; how much is the spa pass? Can you purchase a "day pass" for just the at-sea days?

I have been in resorts and on a ship where you have to buy a "spa pass" to even enter the spa :rolleyes: and on others where use of the self-serve amenities (like exercise equipment, sauna, steam room, lap pool, showers etc.) are included in your fare :) and you are only charged additional fees for profesional services, treatments, appointments, and classes. Which is it on Princess?

One thing I learned FAST about cruising was that I could avoid that tiny shower in my state room by going for a steam bath at the spa in the afternoon then showering off in the large open spa showers with multiple shower heads and Thick heavy spa towels. Then wrap myself up tight in my robe to return to my cabbin to dress for dinner. It was a wonderful way to transition from playful tom-boy by day :p to elegant lady by night. ;) And the daily steaming does wonders for my sun tanned and windburned cruise face!:cool:

In short. . . I need my spa!

~Tao Diva

What kind of products do they try to sell you if you have the hot stone massage?

Anything that they use on you and then some. Body brushes, 3 different massage oils, refreshing gel lotions, the list goes on. Then, if they feel you have any "toxins" built up they go for the detox package.

Don't get me wrong, I love having the treatments, I just start out first by saying I have enough products and I simply want to relax and not be pressured, and I'll keep my toxins to myself!

Archived