Grand Princess Anyone?

snoopy124

Has anyone ever been on the Grand Princess? We are going in February. We are first time cruisers would like some advice.

We are on the Baja level towards the back of the ship.

I was also told that if we do traditional dining we can eat else where and then go back to the traditional dining.

Anyone going on this ship in Feb to the western carribean?

Has anyone ever been on the Grand Princess? We are going in February. We are first time cruisers would like some advice.

We are on the Baja level towards the back of the ship.

I was also told that if we do traditional dining we can eat else where and then go back to the traditional dining.

Anyone going on this ship in Feb to the western carribean?

As far as switching back and forth between traditional and anytime, I believe you can switch once to anytime, but you cannot go back to anytime. Mainly because of the demand. Also, people with traditional dining are not supposed to go to anytime if they missed their pre-arranged sitting time. You can always go to the buffet or specialty restaurants though.

hi we are also new to this ship and are doing the western caribbean in november, we are booked on second seating but i thought we could do any time dining ?is this possible?

In theory it's not possible. However, in July on the Grand, a couple of our table mates at late seating went to anytime twice, then came back to late seating. I don't think they were aware of the published policy and seemed to think that it was a normal option for them.

If one is booked in traditional dining and wishes to use a specialty restaurant, or even just grab something informal at the Horizon Court when tired after a long day swimming it is possible. People do this every cruise.

It is, however, courtesy to tell your waiter and tablemates in advance that you plan to eat elsewhere, as the waiters will often delay until everyone has arrived before starting the meal. For those days when we're just too tired, I've dropped in to the dining room at our appointed time and let our waiter and tablemates know - and they've appreciated that consideration and it takes away any question that something may have happened to their new found friends.

My understanding, however, is that switching from the traditional dining room to the one reserved for Anytime dining is not allowed.

I think you will really enjoy the Grand Princess. She is a great ship, in fine condition, and always has a great crew. As you can see, we've cruised on her many times, and probably will again.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Of course I would tell the waiter if we wouldnt be showing up for the traditional dining.

Anyone know anything about the Baja floor B 631?

Why does everyone say the rooms are tiny and the beds are horrible?

We were on the Baja deck with a balcony and we loved it. The room is small but sufficient as is the balcony. The bed was not great but with an eggcrate topper, we slept very well. You will enjoy the Grand. :)

A Baja Balcony cabin (B631) is fine. You'll have a covered balcony which can cut down on the sun depending on the direction of the ship. The passageway is very quiet and you are not far from the aft elevators that are used for Horizon Court (Buffet) and the Botticelli Dining Room (Traditional).

The BB cabins on Caribe Deck have balconies that are twice as large, half-covered, the other half uncovered. We were in C701 last year and loved it.

You are also not far from the Laundromat, where you can wash your clothes and cut down on what you have to pack. Just remember to bring a roll of quarters (the change machines sometimes don't work, though you can get change from the Pursor).

Enjoy!

We are booked for the Grand on 2/2/08 w/our "kids" and their spouses. Booked a Cat BE balcony guarantee and rec'd a BB Aloha Deck balcony midships all in a row. Needless to say, we are very happy w/our cabin assignments.

DH and I were on Coral this past February and thought the bed was very comfortable. Very firm mattress w/o any sags. How are the mattresses on the Grand? I know the ship was refurbished in 2004 but does Princess upgrade the bedding more frequently?

Archived