Do TA'S put holds (Deposits) on Suites???

mr jailerman

I thought I read somewhere that travel agents often put holds on some of the best Suites. I am going on the INSPIRATION in Feb,2008 and I have a Cat 11 Suite booked and have for months. There were plenty of Cat 12's penthouse Suites left 3 weeks ago and in one day THEY WERE ALL GONE?? Now 1 week ago all Cat 11's were sold out on the same cruise and now suddenly there are 10 available?? What is up with this? You would think that Carnival would hold on to some of there best Suites for their PVP to be able to sell and not have to pay a TA commission?? Just Curious?

I thought I read somewhere that travel agents often put holds on some of the best Suites. I am going on the INSPIRATION in Feb,2008 and I have a Cat 11 Suite booked and have for months. There were plenty of Cat 12's penthouse Suites left 3 weeks ago and in one day THEY WERE ALL GONE?? Now 1 week ago all Cat 11's were sold out on the same cruise and now suddenly there are 10 available?? What is up with this? You would think that Carnival would hold on to some of there best Suites for their PVP to be able to sell and not have to pay a TA commission?? Just Curious?

Many TA"s will hold onto suites within a group booking, but if they are not deposited on, they will have a space recall......thats why you will see cabins sold out and then next time you look they are available. Carnival does NOT pay a commission to a TA unless they sell the cabin and that is not until after final payment has been made.

Archived