Parking and Formal Nights

cathymct

We'll be driving to Fort Lauderdale and after we drop off our bags for the Carib Princess, where is the parking lot? Is there a shuttle to return to get on the ship? Also, I read somewhere that formal nights are really not so formal. Should I bring my two gowns or just go for more casual?

Parking is across where the ship is moored. Since the Caribbean Princess is one of the biggest ships that Princess has – it usually always gets port 2 – I would check this web site before you leave to make sure.

I've been on smaller Princess ships that left from one port and came back to another port. Parking fee is $12.00 a day. Never had any problems and we have parked there over 20 times.

http://www.broward.org/port/shipschedule.htm

We'll be driving to Fort Lauderdale and after we drop off our bags for the Carib Princess, where is the parking lot? Is there a shuttle to return to get on the ship? Also, I read somewhere that formal nights are really not so formal. Should I bring my two gowns or just go for more casual?

You would definitely NOT be out of place in your gowns. And since you are driving to the port, you don't have the luggage restrictions that people who are flying are under. I think the gowns deserve a night out. Bring 'em!

and close. There is a shuttle to and from. DH drops me off and is back very quickly on the shuttle. When we disembark, the shuttle takes him to the car, then he comes back for me and the luggage.

By all means, wear your formals. You'll feel so very special.

Archived