any guest lectures

Mysteryfan

i know "yukon" ,on the alaska boards, does guest lectures on some of the cruise ships, not NCL. he said last time it was difficult, they limited him on what he could talk about as to not overlap what the ship's naturalists talked about. it was for a week's cruise in alaska, where he lives.

from what i understand of the system, you never know. people sign up and say what their speciality is and when they are available. the cruiselines will say "yeah or nah". most of them are only onboard for a week..some many do longer. if the company likes you or gets good reports on what you say, you are invited back or to another ship. it's not a regular staff position.

One cruise I was on had someone giving lectures on Hollywood, others were Concorde pilots talking about flying the plane. I dont care what the subject is, I am wondering if some time is taken up with lectures ???

OK, if you choose not to be specific, then your answer is SOMETIMES.

Yes, NCL has an active enrichment lecturer program. They also have destination lecturers, such as was mentioned in Alaska. Sometimes they also have bridge "lecturers."

On 7 day or longer cruises, you can reasonably expect to find lecturer(s) aboard who speak on all kinds of subjects. We've seen marine biologists, financial experts, handwriting analysis, personality seminars, musicians, etc.

You just never know who will be on. On a 7 day cruise you might have 3-4 lectures.

Archived