Taxi from Bacardi Rum Factory to SJU ?

Nabalab

Hi - my wife and I are interested in going to the Bacardi Rum Factory before we fly home. Our flight is at 2pm, leaving from SJU.

We originally wanted to do the excursion through RCCL but in order to do that, the flight has to be leaving 2:30 or later. We thought about just doing the excursion, and taking our chances on getting to the flight on time - but we really don't want to end up being screwed.

We plan on checking our bags through AA right off the ship - so luggage won't be an issue.

From lurking here, I already know how to get to the factory from the pier (the ferry to a cab). Would anyone know the best bet on getting to the airport from the Rum Factory? Like how long would it take, and how much it would cost? This would be on a Monday morning in November (10-11am-ish) so I'm not sure if traffic is a factor.

Thanks so much in advance.

You have 2 options (in my opinon):

1. You get yourself to Catano on the ferry and try to negotiate with the taxi driver who will take you to Bacardi about taking you directly to the airport after your tour.

2. Go back to Old San Juan after the Bacardi tour and flag a taxi to the airport.

Travel time in San Juan can be very unpredictable but I guess at that time of the day it would take under an hour.

Also, have you checked the schedule at Bacardi to make sure your visit will be over by 11am?

ajilimojil, thanks for responding.

It didn't cross my mind to negotiate with the cab driver, but that is a good idea. I guess that Old San Juan is where the ships are docked. I was looking on google earth, and it looks like hailing a cab from there might be easier as well.

According to the Bacardi website, tours start at 8:30. I guess we will try to get off the ship ASAP then.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Not sure which ship you will be on..... or getting off as the case will be.... but when we were there on Serenade of the Seas..... getting off early was something alot of people WANTED to do..... so it made it alot more difficult.

I would only advise to plan on being flexible with your plans......

Definitely - thanks. Our ship is RCCL's Empress of the Seas.

What bugs me is that 3 days after I booked the AA flight leaving at 2pm, I see a cheaper flight from Delta (both nonstop) leaving at 2:40 - which would have been perfect for the RCCL excursion. The AA ticket is non-refundable though.

Archived