Transferring one reservation to another?

MDnOH

I know this has been brought up before but I don't understand it. I booked a hump cabin for 2008 because I wanted that particular cabin. We'll be on the Empress for the 9-8 sailing and if I understand previous posts I can book another cabin for any cruise and then transfer my original booking to the new one to get my OBC. My question is, do I transfer the original booking to the new booking or vise-versa? I don't want to lose the cabin I already have but would like to get the OBC too. Thanks

They will have to cancel your booking with the hump cabin and hope to fish it back when it goes into the available pool. Hopefully, no one else snares it, but its a chance you will be taking.

Also, the rates have to be the same or lower when you cancel and rebook with the new booking #

Im hoping to do something similar if rates stay the same for my cruise.

Hope I am making sense....Im worried prices will go up on my cruise. Im cruising in less than 3 weeks. Thats when I can book on board and then come home and make the switch to the cabin I have now booked...if prices go up then its not worth it, cancels out the $100 OBC Id get for a 7 day cruise if prices go up $50 pp.

are you saying you booked a cruise while on another cruise and want to transfer the one you booked to another one?

as long as the booking # ( reservation# ) stays the same.........the obc goes with it- hope that helps

OP says they are sailing on 9/8/07 so they have not yet booked on the cruise....

good luck.

Archived