Just Back From Summit Southbound Alaska

Elcruzer

Hi El,

Only one question -- did you miss me at the party? Well, if you heard the rumors about the stupid lady who took a header down a half a flight of a half a flight of stairs during the muster drill, I can personally attest to the fact that it happened. So while you guys were all getting acquainted, I was up close and personal with some ice of the non-glacier variety.

On the other hand, our lovely guide on the ISP bear hunt put me on to this miracle stuff made of skunk cabbage and devil weed that is remarkable.

We too had a great cruise but one of my regrets was not being able to meet up with you!

Nasty being home, huh?

Could you tell me if the AC was working while you were on the ship? There are several other threads where people were complaining about how warm and stuffy the cabins & public rooms were.

Thanks

I was on the same cruise. My a/c in the cabin (inside) was turned to its lowest (coldest) setting and it was comfortable.

The public areas were definitely on the warm side. It was refreshing to be outside on deck.

Allan King was the Cruise Director. I didn't spend all that much time on the ship getting to know staff so hopefully others will know more.

John

Hi El' date='

Only one question -- did you miss me at the party? Well, if you heard the rumors about the stupid lady who took a header down a half a flight of a half a flight of stairs during the muster drill, I can personally attest to the fact that it happened. So while you guys were all getting acquainted, I was up close and personal with some ice of the non-glacier variety.

On the other hand, our lovely guide on the ISP bear hunt put me on to this miracle stuff made of skunk cabbage and devil weed that is remarkable.

We too had a great cruise but one of my regrets was not being able to meet up with you!

Nasty being home, huh?[/quote']

Sorry about your fall, hope you are OK now? Sorry to say, as I posted on our connections site, I also missed the party. It was held at 10AM Sat. and we slept in because we had taken a 9 hr Kenai Fjords cruise on the day of embarkation. It was wonderful and recommend it highly. We only boarded at 7 PM and after the boat drill, dinner, and unpacking we were exhausted.

To answer other's questions, AC was working fine. Sorry but am not good in remembering names but the CD was Alan King and he was very friendly. Others on his staff were Casey, Joy and Roman who were all delightful. Sorry but others will have to fill you in on other people.

We ate breakfast and lunch at the buffet - loved waffles in morning and delicious special sandwiches for lunch. All the dinners in dining room were good except for turkey, which was not fresh roasted but pressed turkey:( Our bedding was new, comforters were nice and cozy. I requested egg crate for mattress because my back was bothering me and mattress uncomfortable. We were on Deck 8 and had Marylou as steward and she cheerfully filled every request. Our waiter and asst. were Cedric and James and they too were wonderful.

I am sure anyone going on this cruise will love it.

Archived