Has anyone done the Beach Party in Costa Maya?

erRN2be

I was wondering if anyone had done the beach party while in Costa Maya. It's like $25 per person for adults and $15 for the children. It includes the use of a chair (which I'm sure are usually free anyway) but the best part is that it includes and open bar (all drinks are included in the $25, this includes all foo foo drinks and beer etc.) Sounds like a great deal to me. I can drink my share of margaritas sitting on a beach in the middle of paradise? But just wondering if it's too good to be true?

Are you talking about the Uvero Jungle Beach Break offered by the cruise line? If so, we did it and if you are a big drinker, it is definately worth it, but I'm not sure if they had Margaritas. I know they did have pina coladas and strawberry daquiris, and of course beer (local only). Uvero is a very beautiful place. We enjoyed just kicking back and relaxing and taking in the beautiful scenery! However, I am not a real big drinker and I think it would of been more feasible to go to Majahaul which looks to be just as beautiful and free. I think I only drank 2 drinks while we were at Uvero, but my husband and sons made up for me and made it worth the price. LOL!!

I might be wrong, but I think this is the one that goes to an all-inclusive on the island. I think it was Playa Mia or maybe Playa del Sol? If you do it without the open bar, the chair and beach witll cost you $10. One of these threads had a list of places and prices for doing the all-inclusive for a day and said that the ship actually had a better deal for a change.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking at this one myself. It is Majahual Beach - I emailed the proprietors about it - it is located right by the primary school. It is really an excellent deal to get the beach chair AND open bar. The open bar starts at 9am and goes until the cruise ships leave port. You really can't beat that if you plan on being there more than a couple of hours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had luck with costamayaexcursions.com? I e-mailed them last week regarding their "Beach break" excursion and have yet to receive a reply. I just want to make sure this is a reputable organization.

Thanks!

I guess my first e-mail is still lurking in cyber space; they responding almost immediately to my e-mail yesterday and never received the first one. The gal was most apologetic.

erRN2be - I too would love to see a review but tend to agree with you, how can we go wrong at that pricing???

Have a good day all!

I got them booked for Oct 22nd. They might be bogged down with emails because of the issues with GC and having to shuffle things a bit.

I tried the live chat today and spoke with Sherry. She was very helpful and nice. We originally had booked the jungle excursion in Belize but decided to cancel it. They informed me they wont refund my deposit but would apply it to another excursion. So I had them apply it to the beach party one with 2 lobster and shrimp platters and a Mexican platter. They transferred my deposit with no hassles. So far I am happy I picked them to go through.

I will definitely post a review once I get back with pics of course.

We were about to purchase this excursion but after reading the following review on the HAL board, graciously posted by GolfGrl1911, I dunno. She was there just a little over a week ago.

Here's the whole thread

and this is the excerpt re. Costa Maya. The red text is my coloring, her words.

Anyhow I did purchase a beach party excursion sight unseen....$25.00 for beach and open bar. This was a mistake for us as we are not big drinkers and after a taxi ride...$3.00 pp and a bit of a hike in the 90 degree weather we came to a little hut type bar at the end of the main road........was this it??? YUP!! A little bar, 5 chaise lounges and 1 table with 4 chairs........The beach space for this excursion was about 40 feet......along with the $25.00pp we pre-purchased lunch...lobtser platter for Lisa($15.00) and a mexican platter consisting of quesadillas and chips w/ guacamole for me($5.00). The people who run the excursion speak NO english whatsoever, and I speak NO spanish. So when we arrived there were no available lounge chairs...well Lisa had a bit of a fit and said that for $70.00 she wanted lounge chairs!! Somehow she got her point across and the owner chased off two non pre-paying customers. I purchased a wonderful neck/back massage from a local for $25.00 for 1/2 hour. It was very relaxing!! At about 1:30 we had had enough and took our taxi back to the port area, again $3.00 pp. Had we known we would not have bothered with the "Beach Party" excursion here, but would have just stayed at the port area where there was a huge pool, plenty of chairs and a swim up bar. Not to mention locals peddling their wares. FYI.. don't waste your money on this excursion found at www.costamayaexcursions.com. Stick with the main pool and you'll have plenty of fun. Back on the ship had a light dinner and played some bingo, met with onboard friends, sang karaoke, I won the slot tournament (tied w/ another cruiser and split the pot) Lisa won $1000.00 on a slot!! Anothr great day at sea!! More later, Nancy

After that review I am a little leary. Now I know that one review does not make or break a place. As I have seen horrible reviews from one person and wonderful reviews from another about the exact same trip, but I really don't want to waste my money (there will be 6 of us) for NOTHING...

Anxiously awaiting other reviews....

I got them booked for Oct 22nd. They might be bogged down with emails because of the issues with GC and having to shuffle things a bit.

I tried the live chat today and spoke with Sherry. She was very helpful and nice. We originally had booked the jungle excursion in Belize but decided to cancel it. They informed me they wont refund my deposit but would apply it to another excursion. So I had them apply it to the beach party one with 2 lobster and shrimp platters and a Mexican platter. They transferred my deposit with no hassles. So far I am happy I picked them to go through.

I will definitely post a review once I get back with pics of course.

Please don't forget a review for us! Two bad experiences might make me rethink this one.

Hey folks......I wrote the review of The Beach Party. Please don't take it as ALL bad....and try to remember that it is a VERY depressed area. If the couple who owned the bar had had about 15 more lounge chairs (there were only 5) it may have been different. Keep in mind too that I speak no spanish so that was a bit of a problem as well. It was sooo hot (93 degrees) that it would have been a bit dangerous to have had a large amount of alchohol in your system. The food was served in a hotel/restaurant that is being completely renovated and was very good. The restaurant part of it seemed to be done and was sparkling clean! The rest rooms are in this area as well and very clean too I might add, this is all located across the street from the beach and bar. I have never been out of the U.S. except for Nassau so my initial review may have been due to culture shock. It is very poor in this area. The owners seemed to have been rather new to the business and probably need more time to establish themselves. So please don't be jaded by my review although I would love to hear another's opinion to compare with my own. Would I do it again? After being home for a few weeks I would have to say yes......only because I believe that every new business owner deserves a chance to be successful and with time this will be a very nice place to visit. Thanks, Nancy:)

I appreciate you coming back and posting. I'm not sure what we want to do. I have a family of 6 going..3 children and 3 adults going. To be honest I was looking forward to the open bar on a beach relaxing and swimming. If this isn't the place to do it I would love to know ahead of time.....

Nancy - Is this beach for children and leisurely swims and floats? Is the sand fine and soft to play in etc.?

Still pondering..

Chelle

Did the Beach Break Party at Pez quadro and had a great time. Cushioned lounge chairs, nice beach, plenty of shade and great food and drinks.

There are massage tables and kayaks adjacent. The pina coladas are better than on the ship, they make from scratch not the pre mix as on the ship. All day party from 9AM is $25, open bar, various meals are available for lunch from $5 to $15. I had the lobster lunch for $15 and it was very good.

I´ll post more when I get home. If you don´t drink a lot just go there and you can go ala carte. mixed drinks including pina coladas, daquiris and margaritas are $4, SOL and Dos Eqis are $2.

Reggie

Archived