Rental Car Help

freddiebud

After reading the note to rent early, I jumped on-line to book my car -- and had a question.

If you book at the airport for Enterprise, the rate for me was about 3 1/2 times MORE than International Airport Rd. So my question is, how hard is it to get to the offsite location? Can I take a shuttle?

Thanks.

From looking at their location, it says 4 miles. So you're probably looking at a $9-$12 (before tip) cab ride.

They have no shuttle and since they have an airport location, I don't think the pick me up would work, but you could always call.

The only other thing I would caution about is their hours and leaving enough time for luggage. During the summer, it can take 45 minutes to an hour depending on how many airplanes are in at once and how much cruise luggage there is :D . I kid you not, we were late getting out of Seattle in May because as the Captain said they were still loading cruise luggage.

Checked and the hours for the off site location are 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. - Monday through Friday, 9 to 12 p.m. on Saturday and closed on Sunday.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Thanks. Is there any promo coupon available for enterprise?

If you have the 2008 Entertainment Book, there are coupons. I was able to use a one-category upgrade coupon for our rental. The coupons for money off a weekly rental weren't accepted at the Anchorage locations.

After reading the note to rent early, I jumped on-line to book my car -- and had a question.

If you book at the airport for Enterprise, the rate for me was about 3 1/2 times MORE than International Airport Rd. So my question is, how hard is it to get to the offsite location? Can I take a shuttle?

Thanks.

I used the E Intl Airport Blvd location in July. Worked great. $15 taxi ride each way including tip. Upon return of the car, I first went to the airport, checked in, dropped off my checked luggage (first 1/2 hour free parking at the ANC airport), then returned the car. Called a taxi and they were there within 5-10 minutes. Figure a 15 minute taxi ride but it is one road all the way from the airport to the rental location.

I think they are open from 7.30am until 6pm but check their website for exact hours.

John

We rented from the downtown Enterprise location. Rather than return the car to the same location after hours and take a taxi to our airport hotel, we chose to pay $40 to drop-off the car at the airport. I did that when we checked into our hotel the night before our departure, as our flight was at 7 a.m., and I didn't want to mess around with a rental car first thing in the morning. After dropping off the car at the airport, I took the hotel shuttle bus back to our hotel.

Archived