PassPort in a Month !!!

parrotthead

:) Ok, we sail in on January 31, 2008. My girlfriend didnt have a passport and I insisted she needed one and made her go and apply telling her, it will take a long time and so if you go now you will (most likely) have it in time so I wont stress. Figuring since she took her paperwork and documents to the (postoffice) passport office on Saturday August 11, no expidite service, just regular. Figuring 10-12 weeks they say to allow that gave up plenty of time.

**So I got an email today and her passport has already been approved/processed and Mailed !!!!!!:D

A tracking check of the # shows it is scheduled to be delivered (Priority Mail) on 9/9/08.

WOW ! What service !:D

Im so relieved and suprised ! That was fast !

Im so pleased, I just had to share !:D

Only 148 days and counting !:D

:) Ok, we sail in on January 31, 2008. My girlfriend didnt have a passport and I insisted she needed one and made her go and apply telling her, it will take a long time and so if you go now you will (most likely) have it in time so I wont stress. Figuring since she took her paperwork and documents to the (postoffice) passport office on Saturday August 11, no expidite service, just regular. Figuring 10-12 weeks they say to allow that gave up plenty of time.

**So I got an email today and her passport has already been approved/processed and Mailed !!!!!!:D

A tracking check of the # shows it is scheduled to be delivered (Priority Mail) on 9/9/08.

WOW ! What service !:D

Im so relieved and suprised ! That was fast !

Im so pleased, I just had to share !:D

Only 148 days and counting !:D

Congrats on the quick processing. Too bad you will have to wait a year for the post office to deliver it. :D Have a great stress free 148 days!

It's funny to me that I'm getting antsy. I applied at the end of July. My check was cashed on August 9th. It hasn't even been a month! But all these great stories of the system catching up makes me think WHERE IS MINE?! I'd love to have it to drive to Canada this month, but I don't need it. And I'm not even close to the 10-12 week period! Plus, our cruise isn't until June 2008! I have NO REASON to get antsy.

I guess I live in hyper-drive. ;)

-Sarah

Sarah, you can check the status on the pp website. All you need is your personal info and the last 4 of your social. (Im sure you have that info) then you can input your email for email updates of whats happeing with yours.

I bet its on the way. I wonder if it has any thing to do with the part of the country you apply/live in. We are in Texas so Im sure her's went to Houston for processing. I was just suprised it was here in 4 weeks !

According to the article, people from other gov agencies helped out, and a woman who had retired volunteered to come back and help out with the crunch.

Wow, all so the people who waited, or didnt know they were going anywhere could go on vacation/holiday. Thats cool tho that they could get stuff sped up.

Sarah, you can check the status on the pp website. All you need is your personal info and the last 4 of your social. (Im sure you have that info) then you can input your email for email updates of whats happeing with yours.

I bet its on the way. I wonder if it has any thing to do with the part of the country you apply/live in. We are in Texas so Im sure her's went to Houston for processing. I was just suprised it was here in 4 weeks !

Alas, I track quite often and it has not yet been sent my way. I shall pout. ;) I'd rather everyone else who is in a pickle get their's... mine will come in time. With or without the help of my Congress(wo)man. :p

-Sarah

P.S. Ohhh I just went and looked again, and instead of "receive within 10-12 weeks" it's now down to 6-8! *happy dance*

Archived