No immigration in St. Thomas on FOS Eastern itinerary?

It'sRC4ME

I was perusing the compasses for the Freedom of the Seas Eastern itinerary on CruiseDailies.com (thank you to whoever posted the link here last week).

I noticed that there was no mention of immigration procedures in the compass for the day in St. Thomas. On our prior cruise trips to St. Thomas we've has to present ourselves in the dining room or similar venue early that morning for U.S. immigration folks to look over our documents - is this not the case on Freedom's Eastern itinerary?

Since we go from the U.S. mainland (Miami) to San Juan (a U.S. territory) to St. Thomas (another U.S. territory), does it count that we really haven't left the country, so immigration doesn't need to see us because we aren't re-entering the country in St. Thomas?

Can anyone who's been on this itinerary confirm? Not having to get up at the crack of dawn and go through immigration would be great!

I was perusing the compasses for the Freedom of the Seas Eastern itinerary on CruiseDailies.com (thank you to whoever posted the link here last week).

I noticed that there was no mention of immigration procedures in the compass for the day in St. Thomas. On our prior cruise trips to St. Thomas we've has to present ourselves in the dining room or similar venue early that morning for U.S. immigration folks to look over our documents - is this not the case on Freedom's Eastern itinerary?

Since we go from the U.S. mainland (Miami) to San Juan (a U.S. territory) to St. Thomas (another U.S. territory)' date=' does it count that we really haven't left the country, so immigration doesn't need to see us because we aren't re-entering the country in St. Thomas?

Can anyone who's been on this itinerary confirm? Not having to get up at the crack of dawn and go through immigration would be great![/quote']

we were there in October of 05 and we did not have to do that,and we were on the Navigator of the seas not FOS

Since we go from the U.S. mainland (Miami) to San Juan (a U.S. territory) to St. Thomas (another U.S. territory)' date=' does it count that we really haven't left the country, so immigration doesn't need to see us because we aren't re-entering the country in St. Thomas?[/quote']

That's correct. You only have to go through immigration if the previous port you visited was outside the US.

That's correct. You only have to go through immigration if the previous port you visited was outside the US.

That was our experience on Navigator, also. I was wondering what the heck others were talking about in their reviews in terms of immigration but then realised they had been to Nassau first.

Archived