What do you do when you first get on the ship?

Luveli15

Hi all. I'm boarding Liberty of the Seas 9/15 and am trying to make a list of all the things I need to do when I get on the ship. I know there was a thread ahwile back about this but I can't locate it. Anyone have a link?

If you feel like it, let me know what YOU do when you first get on the ship (dining reservations, spa reservations, check dining room table)

Thanks!

We head up top and buy drinks to toast our upcoming GREAT cruise if too early for lunch! :)

Sounds like us! From one CA hockey mom to another! ;)

Thats right! And, I'm actually an original California mom! I was raised in Huntington Beach and moved (as an adult) to the other coast.

Too bad we're not cruising together anytime soon, I bet we have a lot in common!

Take care!

Go Anaheim Ducks!!

Drop off stuff in the room and check it out especially the view from the balcony as DW unpacks the carry-ons grabbing the camera

Head to the dining room and find our table

then explore the ship deck by deck stopping to make rezies at the speciaty restaurants and spa

Get our foo foo drink and go to the Windjammer for lunch and relaxing

Muster Drill

Then the party begins!!!!!!

4 weeks from tomorrow on our first 15 nighter, but who is counting

First thing we do - head to the pool (we check everything except our pool stuff), find my pool chair, sit down, and order the first of my cold beers for the afternoon. Pretty much stay there until muster. Go down to the room and see if luggage is there, but don't worry about unpacking until after pool time is over.

We always get to the port (Port Canaveral) around 10:45 a.m. then: (Keep in mind that you cannot get to your cabin until after 1:00 pm, you cannot see the Maitre'd until after 1:00 pm)

1. Walk onto the ship, stop and stare at my surroundings, realize that we are FINALLY ON OUR CRUISE!!!

2. Make Chops & Portofino reservations

3. Check to see where my table is in the dinning room

4. Eat lunch in the Windjammer

5. Go to our cabin & drop-off our carry on

6. Go see the Maitre'd if necessary, possible changing table or about my dietary restrictions

7. Explore the ship and take photos

8. The infamous muster drill (Hope we are NOT on the sunny side of the ship to roast in the sun)

9. Up to the Lido deck for the sail-away and a drink

10. Wave to all of the people ashore watching us sail out to sea

11.Enjoy the entire cruise and not let ANYTHING bother me the entire time!!

If you just got off the plane, find your room, snoop through everything, find life vests, then find out the quickest route to your rescue boat, the deck and boat number will be on your sea pass, then go rest until time to leave. Lock your room because they will be knocking on the door for you to go to the muster drill. boring then take your cameras and drinks to the top deck and watch yourself sail away, don't forget to call your best friend and brag!!!:) have a great time!!! don't forget to do all the free stuff available on the cruise,, and don't do alot of shopping onboard until the last day, including the spa, it is all half off the last day!

Lock your room because they will be knocking on the door for you to go to the muster drill. boring

Please tell me you don't lock yourself in your cabin during the muster drill??? They have to (by law) account for everyone, thus the reason it takes so long to do...because people hide in their rooms. Please don't do this as it makes it all the more miserable to endure for the rest of us that abide by the rules.

Only thing to add that we did right away was to get Dect phones from Guest Relations as they are a limited supply...

Search for Dect Phones if you wan't to know more...

I did a search on the RCI site for "Dect Phones" and nothing came up that made any sense. Please tell us what they are?

We go and check out our room first (if we can get into it yet). Then, we go to the Lido deck and have something to eat... Then, we just wander all over the ship to see how beautiful all the rooms are ( I ALWAYS think all the rooms on all of my cruises are beautiful!!!)

There is NOTHING like getting on a ship that is totally new to you! I am always in awe....

Archived