Price from C.Desoto --curious?

sunlover5

I have read many on here who have said the A1 tour was 49.00 plus 40.00 extra if you went ziplining. I received an email that said it would be 54.00.

Has anyone else received this quote?? DId prices raise and I was just curious was the cost for Carnival and this excursion is???

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Charlie also quoted me the $54.00 even though he originally told me $45 when I originally booked the tour. It is a 5-1/2 hour tour (even without the ziplining) so we still feel it is still reasonable as we enjoy a smaller more personable private tour. He also assured me that we would be back in plenty of time. I sure hope so since I know the ship won't wait for us!

I think we are going to go with him. Only thing is we do not want to have to wait for zipliners. Some post complain about that and others say they didn't have to. We don't want to waste time waiting on them. Do you know anything about that????

I specifically asked Charlie about this when I booked. He said he separates out the groups for ziplining. I'm hoping that since I brought it to his attention that we did not want to wait around for the zip liners he will make sure it doesnt happen. I would mention your concern to him in your email. We also booked for $54/pp in October! Can't wait!! :)

I specifically asked Charlie about this when I booked. He said he separates out the groups for ziplining.

i also got the same answer as we do not want the ziplining.

He did give me a price of $49. back in March for next march so I will have to confirm if that is still the price.

Even at $54. i think it is better than the cruise line tour.

That is when I inquired about was for this March, but maybe sometime after you inquired last March he raised his prices. That is understandable with the cost of everything these days!!

I did mention to him about not wanting to wait on zipliners, so I will mention it again when I book. Thanks!!

I just heard back from charlie and he is honoring his quote to me of $49.

I guess maybe after I had booked he may have raised his rates. Seems like a recent thing.

Could be gas prices or the park entrance is up.

Inflation is alive & well!!

I just returned from Charlie's A-1 tour. We were seperated from the zipliners and never had to wait. Our tour was $54. My thought is that in previous reviews of his tours I read where everyone paid for their own lunch at Bontia Beach. Charlie paid for our lunch last week so perhaps this is what the increase in price is covering?

• 2 weeks later...
I just returned from Charlie's A-1 tour. We were seperated from the zipliners and never had to wait. Our tour was $54. My thought is that in previous reviews of his tours I read where everyone paid for their own lunch at Bontia Beach. Charlie paid for our lunch last week so perhaps this is what the increase in price is covering?

I was on the A-1 Tour last week! It was Great!! We had a great day! I'm so glad we booked this! We didnt have to wait for zip liners. We paid $54 also but we did not have our lunch paid for. Actually, I think only 4 of us even had anything to eat at the beach. The weather got kinda bad and there were also 2 unhappy campers that had to be taken back to the ship, maybe that's why. not sure. i'm not really worried about it though, b/c i thought $54 for this tour was a reasonable price!! I'll be doing a full review as soon as I can get to it!

Tbag124, Glad to hear you had a great time on the A-1 tour. We are going in January and am considering this tour for our family consisiting of my DH, myself and (3) young adults 19,21,23. I guess I am a little hesitant and I am not sure why....safety, getting back to the ship on time, having it be fun for the young adults. Your imput-thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks:)

Two of us just returned from Panama Canal cruise. We were totally ripped off by Charlie, as he did not do what we agreed upon. If I were to do it again, I would simply get a local tour operator right at the ship. We found out they were very reasonably priced and others from our ship were very satisfied. Charlie makes promises he cannot keep because he books too many people and then pawns the smaller groups off on local taxi drivers. Charlie collects a big fee and pays the drivers very little. Be aware!! Direct questions to me at fauncey@aol.com.

Archived