Valor Cruise pictures with Coast Guard evac and Maho Beach

ruskatab

Its in St. Martin on the french side. We hired a driver for the day and went to Orient Beach and took a tour and then off to Maho Beach and then the driver dropped us off at the shopping area by downtown. We had a great day!

RUSKATAB

Evacuation from the ship?

Why and for who ?

Cheers

KEV

The rumour was it was for a 6 year old girl with appendicitis. We never got that confirmed. We actually thought someone had fallen off the ship because we made a complete turn around and started heading in the opposite direction. But our hubbys said they were just getting the ship in position for medical evac.

Ruskatab,

Thank you, Thank you!! Now I think I'll try that Maho beach thing. Was the traffic that bad?

It looks like your balcony was the meeting point. How many cabins were linked together for you, (I noticed the balcony partations were opened).

17 days more to go for me. I'm all keyed up. Did you like the cabin, other then when the kids threw something down on your balcony? Who was your cabin stewart and was he good?

Sorry, so many questions,!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda

:) :)

Ruskatab,

Thank you, Thank you!! Now I think I'll try that Maho beach thing. Was the traffic that bad?

It looks like your balcony was the meeting point. How many cabins were linked together for you, (I noticed the balcony partations were opened).

17 days more to go for me. I'm all keyed up. Did you like the cabin, other then when the kids threw something down on your balcony? Who was your cabin stewart and was he good?

Sorry, so many questions,!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linda

:) :)

The traffic was not bad at all for us driving around the island. We had a fantastic driver named Gene, Gene the dancing machine, he was a hoot. The food and service at Sunset Grill was terrible but Maho Beach was definately a cool experience. We had 3 cabins linked and of course ours being the corner aft we hung out there every day and at night we had drinks there before dinner. We loved our cabin and the oither 2 couples were in awe at how roomy it was and all the windows. We loved our cabin steward and even got him in on a few jokes we played on the other couples. I can not remember his name tho! I will ask hubby.

Thank you so much for sharing your photo's.

Just a question or two.....Did you hire the cab at St. Maartin prior to going or when you got off the ship you grabbed him?

How is the nudity at Maho? Did you have to pay anything to use the umbrellas and chairs?

Thanks so much we can't wait!

Thank you so much for sharing your photo's.

Just a question or two.....Did you hire the cab at St. Maartin prior to going or when you got off the ship you grabbed him?

How is the nudity at Maho? Did you have to pay anything to use the umbrellas and chairs?

Thanks so much we can't wait!

We got off the ship and took the water taxi over to the shopping area and asked a port authority person who he recommended and he took us over to Gene. You could tell he was very well known. Everyone waved at him, he even stopped and said Hi to a few people. He was born and raised there and made a great tour guide. Just ask for Gene the dancing machine...lol. The only nudity I saw a maho beach was my hubby showing off his chest for pics. The chairs and umbrellas we used were at Orient Beach and yes we paid 30.00 for 6 chairs and umbrellas. Tell them your only staying a few hours or they will charge alot more for a whole day and a chair on the front row was more, sit on the 2nd row.

Tell us more about Maho Beach.:D What day of the week were you there? Were there a lot of planes landing and taking off? How long did it take to get there from the pier? Is it really loud? Does it really crowded? Some of the video we have watched on youtube is awesome. Are the planes really that close? It looks to be only about 30 feet about!:eek: We are thinking about going there on our cruise in Dec. BTY, we just picked a 4 week old chihuahua from a litter, & our kids named him MaHo.

Sorry about all the questions!:o

Tell us more about Maho Beach.:D What day of the week were you there? Were there a lot of planes landing and taking off? How long did it take to get there from the pier? Is it really loud? Does it really crowded? Some of the video we have watched on youtube is awesome. Are the planes really that close? It looks to be only about 30 feet about!:eek: We are thinking about going there on our cruise in Dec. BTY, we just picked a 4 week old chihuahua from a litter, & our kids named him MaHo.

Sorry about all the questions!:o

We were in St. Martin on a Thursday. If you look at the pictures of the surf board they post the landing schedule on it. I got the schedule off the internet before we went. It only has the landings of the bigger planes. We saw alot of small planes land and take off also. The 747 only lands like 3 days a week so we were lucky. There were several other large planes land but dont know what they were. We hired a driver and it was about 20 minutes from the pier. The planes get very close, we thought they would take the fence out. You can definately feel the wind from the plane especially when the big ones take off. It was definately very loud but it was a cool experience especially for the men who are Air Traffic Controllers so they had to go there.

Ruskatab, Thanks so much for all the great info on Maho. :D:

Did you happen to visit a craft area while in St Maarten? We were there once before,and shared a van tour with some others. The driver automatically stopped at this lovely craft area,but unfortunately the rest of the people only wanted to stay about a half hour. I could have stayed for an hour or two,and would love to get back on another visit. I don't know where it was, or what it was called tho.

Ruskatab, Thanks so much for all the great info on Maho. :D:

Did you happen to visit a craft area while in St Maarten? We were there once before,and shared a van tour with some others. The driver automatically stopped at this lovely craft area,but unfortunately the rest of the people only wanted to stay about a half hour. I could have stayed for an hour or two,and would love to get back on another visit. I don't know where it was, or what it was called tho.

Im wondering if your talking about the flea market craft area in Marigold on the french side. Its next to the water close to a Marina and had a covered area in the middle. The last time I was in St. Martin the driver stopped there and let us shop. There is also an area close to the cruise dock that was like a flea market off the main street.

Archived