Secret Door on the Star Princess???

ilovevegas01

My boyfriend & I are sailing on the Star Princess in November. I have read on a couple other threads that there are "secret doors" on some ships. Does the Star Princess have one, and if so, where is it???

Thanks,

Ann =)

Hi Ann,

There is no secret door on the Star per se - the Star's "wrap around" promenade deck is on two levels and that's kind of cool. At the bow you go up a set of stairs (past some what looks like pretty cool cabin locations) and you're on Emerald deck.

See you back on Roll Call!

the so-called "secret doors" are not secret since many people know about them. There are doors at the bow end of the corridors on some ships that open to a small open deck. If your room is not on that deck at that end of the ship you probably would not walk down the corridor because the only thing there are staterooms. It could be the Lido deck of the one below it. These doors are only on a few ships, generally the newer ones. I think only 3 or 4 ships have this small forward deck. If you want to find it walk down the corridors to the bow of the ship and go though any door that is not locked or does not have a "Crew Only" sign on it.

I like the design of the Ocean Princess, Sea Princess where you can walk the top deck on top of the ship and you can stand on top of the bridge "wings". It is easy to move from side to side so you can see everything and you high and up front.

the so-called "secret doors" are not secret since many people know about them. There are doors at the bow end of the corridors on some ships that open to a small open deck. If your room is not on that deck at that end of the ship you probably would not walk down the corridor because the only thing there are staterooms. It could be the Lido deck of the one below it. These doors are only on a few ships, generally the newer ones. I think only 3 or 4 ships have this small forward deck. If you want to find it walk down the corridors to the bow of the ship and go though any door that is not locked or does not have a "Crew Only" sign on it.

I like the design of the Ocean Princess, Sea Princess where you can walk the top deck on top of the ship and you can stand on top of the bridge "wings". It is easy to move from side to side so you can see everything and you high and up front.

Did the Crown back in Sep 2006 to Easter Carib. It too had a secret door that allowed one to stand on the flying bridge. Could not figure it out at first as I stood in the back taking photos. Once on the bridge, it was worth finding..... Good luck....

Angelo and Clare

photo#5107130450036890738

806110139_200609Princess-Carib017.jpg.7de19d41da34d966dcb716e6e1e227bf.jpg

259686580_200609Princess-Carib158.jpg.c47cbb49576168b169d0c2c67e301770.jpg

I sailed out of NYC on the Crown last year and the view from above the bridge was AWESOME! Yes it was cold and windy out there as we sailed at the end of October but it didn't matter to us. Because it was the first day of the cruise and that ship was still fairly new very few people knew about it. There were the 6 of us and two other couples and we had the whole deck entirely to ourselves.

Does anyone know if the Caribbean Princess has this? I sailed on her two years ago but didn't know to even look for it. Now that I know about it with my luck the CB doesn't offer it.

Did the Crown back in Sep 2006 to Easter Carib. It too had a secret door that allowed one to stand on the flying bridge. Could not figure it out at first as I stood in the back taking photos. Once on the bridge, it was worth finding..... Good luck....

Angelo and Clare

photo#5107130450036890738

Can you tell me which deck has the access to the flying bridge? I will be sailing on the Crown in a few months and would love to be able to take pictures from the flying bridge.

Thanks,

Bill

Can you tell me which deck has the access to the flying bridge? I will be sailing on the Crown in a few months and would love to be able to take pictures from the flying bridge.

Thanks,

Bill

Not exactly sure.

I think it may be the Lido.

See attached.

Go as far foward as possible.

They are cabins, but then an unmarked door on both sides forward.

Sometimes these are locked, give a try and if locked, try again later.

The view is fantastick.

Bring your camera.

Angelo and Clare

We will be on board on the Oct 13 New England cruise and will definitely be on the flying bridge when we can.

Oh, you are standing directly above the actual bridge.

flyingbridge.jpg.078a37bfebc9cde53646399137a7dd13.jpg

........Sometimes these are locked, give a try and if locked, try again later........

Access is restricted when there are winds or other conditions the crew determine are unsafe. We have been on Grand class ships where access in routine and usually open. On one cruise it was always closed off. Guess it is the Captain's choice.

Archived