Roll Call - RCCL - Jewel of the Seas - March 30, 2008 TransAtlantic

Atlanta07

• 2 weeks later...

Brett and Hans: My best friend and I will be on the Jewel both on the 23 of March and the 30th March sailing.

I (Dale) am from Houston and Dwight (my friend) is from Tyler TX. We have been on the Jewel many times and love it, also love dong transatlantic cruises.

Hope to see you on the ship.

Dale

Dale and Dwight - I'm glad that we've found someone that will be on board. I wouldn't mind making a few friends in advance so we know some people before getting on the ship. We are looking for hotels in FLL now for the day prior and are staying in Amsterdam for 3 days after the trip is over. I hear the Jewel is wonderful. We were just on Freedom and although the ship is great - the service was next to horrible. Where are you staying on the Jewel? Are you able to keep the same cabin for the 3 weeks?

Talk to you soon.

Hans

Hans: We will not know our cabin until about one month before the cruise. Normaly we do not stay in the same cabin, but some times we do. We love the Jewel its a great ship. Sorry about the service on the Freedom, but it has always been great on the Jewel. I have been on the Jewel 4 times and have always found a lot of family on the transatlantic cruises. I think Dwight will be staying in Amsterdam for a few days, but I have to get back to Houston and my partner.

Have you any plans for tours on the cruise? I see you are on Ken & Pena's web site, so are we. We are good friends with Ken & Pena have been on many cruise with them, they are good people.

Keep in touch over the next six month.

Dale

• 2 weeks later...

I called RCCL the other day to ask about tours being posted. They said it should be anytime now. Have you guys booked any yet? We have not. We are also still looking for a good hotel to stay in FLL. We are very happy with the hotels in Amsterdamn...We need to send our pictures to Ken and Pene for the website. I guess we have six months for that as well.

Hans

Atlanta07: We have not check out the tours yet or made any plans for tours but we plan to.

As for a hotel in FLL I am not sure, normaly I have curised out of Miami and the cruise line gets my hotel. I am not sure if cruise line will fly me in the day before or the same day. I will not know until about two or three weeks before the curise.

You can ck out our pic on Ken & Pene web site.

Dale

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello all. My Partner and I (Brett and Hans) are going to be on RCCL - Jewel of the Seas - Leaving FLL on March 30 - anyone joining us?;)

Hi my partner and I and our 10 year old daughter and one her friends our sailing on march 10 also glad to see other (family) members onboard, hope to meet you guys too!never been on T A before so sounds like great trip-cant"t wait to set sail, all we need now is book room in florida,we plan on arriving day or two earlyer, since we live in calif. and havent been to florida in years. thanks

TOM JON AND DARIEAN

hi: TOM JON AND DARIEAN, as you said it nice to see other family on this cruise. I will be with a friend on both the sailing on the 22 March and the 30th. We will have the ship all check out by the time you get there so if we can help let me know.

Dale

Hi my partner and I and our 10 year old daughter and one her friends our sailing on march 10 also glad to see other (family) members onboard, hope to meet you guys too!never been on T A before so sounds like great trip-cant"t wait to set sail, all we need now is book room in florida,we plan on arriving day or two earlyer, since we live in calif. and havent been to florida in years. thanks

TOM JON AND DARIEAN

Tom, Jon and Darien -

Welcome. We are so glad that you will be on board. We also will be staying the day before in FL. Brett and I used to live in CA (Long Beach area) and Brett's parents still live in Laguna Hills. Where in CA are you? We are staying 3 days in Amsterdam before flying back home. We also can't wait for the cruise. We usually don't book as far out as we did this time but it atleast gives us something to look forward to. Do you know what cabin or floor you will be on?

Look forward to meeting you all and we are so happy to see a few more "Family" members aboard.

Hans and Brett

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys... Sorry for the slow response. We haven't looked at this in a while. We haven't booked a hotel yet, but we will probably stay at the Rennaisance Hotel. It's right near the port and rated 4 stars. We figured that we would have a low key day before the trip. If you want more excitement, there are many hotels on Ft. Lauderdale beach or near the Las Olas Mall shopping area. It's been a while since you posted... Have you chosen a hotel yet?

Brett & Hans

hi

not yet, waiting to finalize, travel plans had problem with booking until 2 days ago, now taken care off,had a very hard time getting anybody to take care of it at royal, now will continue hotel plans. keep in touch!

costleva@sbcglobal.net:) I s there anyway knowing if any other family members going, and any children around 10 years old?

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone... this is eelko and bernd from amsterdam... we are planning to book the JOS next year... just got off the legend of the seas. crossing was perfect.... would be fun to have a big crowd... have a wonderful X-MAS... greetz from freezing Amsterdam

eelko and bernd

hi all: its been a long time between posting but I have been on the Voyager of the Seas for the past three weeks and have one more week to go. My partner and friend will be joining me for the New Years Cruise, I am so looking forward to that. It was a great crossing this year the weather was great and (8th Dec to 23Dec) There must have been between 40 to 50 gay couples on that cruise we had a great time. Made a lot of new friends. The Christmas cruise was very full lots of teenagers (1500), I am now in Galveston port waiting on the ship for the start of the next curise and for my partner to get here.

Looking to meeting all of you on the Jewel in March.

Dale

Hello all! We still haven't booked our Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. Two dads - I emailed you hope you got it. Our email address is hanscampbell@yahoo.com -

I know we talked about Renaissance - but now we are thinking about Embassy Suites....LOL - I know we are bad! I'll let you know for sure what we choose after booking.

Has anyone else decided on a hotel? Hope this finds you all doing well.

Take care!

Hans and Brett

Hi robert

Ive asked the different people with the cruise line and keep getting different answers, is there anyway from your end (since your on the ship already) if ant other children in the age range of 10 years old going to be on our cruise march 30th

also is there a kids pool and water slide on jewel of the seas ship--thanks

Hi Twodads: I am not sure how many other children will be on the cruise, but normaly there are some on every transatlantic. They do have a great program for the children (Adventure Ocean). The outside pool is for kids and fomilies, the inside pool is for adults and kids under 16 as long as you are with them. On all Radaince class ships, there is also an Kids pool area with a slide. The Jewel is a great ship and you and your daughter will enjoy it. There is also a move theatre with moves daily during the sea days.

I hope this helps, as I said I will be on the ship the week before the crossing, I will try to find out how many kids will be on the ship for the crossing if you like.

Looking forward to meeting you and your family.

Dale

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - We have finally selected a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale - we are only staying on the 29th. We are going to stay at the Hyatt Pier 66. Hope this finds you doing well. We are looking forward to seeing you on the ship or if you select the same hotel before hand - at the hotel!

Hans and Brett

It will be nice to meet you on the ship, I will not know what hotel I will be staying in until about 2 weeks before the cruise, the cruise line normally does not tell me until then if I am lucky.

Also my friend Dwight will not be traveling with me, he just found out that he has to replance his so on the job during the time of the cruise. So it looks like I will be traveling all alone. Thats life.

keep in touch and see you all soon

Dale

Archived