DVD Players on Amalegro?

lrmorris

I don't know about the suites, but there was no DVD player in our regular cabin. The TV/Computer played music, movies (that you pay for), tv and was the computer. Sounds great? Well, it didn't work all that well and the cruise director said that the President of the cruise line decided that the internet service would be free. Good price, but it didn't work so well. Can't complain for free.

I wouldn't have had time to watch a DVD or listen to a CD while we were cruising. There is so much to see along the river I would not have liked to be couped up in my cabin to watch a movie. The internet service while we cruised was available in two locations. One in the cabin and one in the lounge in the aft of the ship. The price was the same, except that in the cabin the minutes ticked away until they were gone, but in the lounge they stopped when you stopped. I forget how many minutes I bought, I think it was only for a portion of an hour, but I got two of them as I ran out half way through the cruise. You will not have a connection all the time as it is only good while the antennae are up. When ever the ship goes under low bridges the lower the antennae. Ours was down for most of the trip so I was only able to communicate when we were docked, which was not all that bad, but at time it was a bit frustrating. I created a thread called "On The Amadagio" somewhere below.

Buck

Archived