RC's Refer a Friend promotion ????

powelweb

Ok, just got the email about referring a friend to RCCL for select cruises this fall, and both cabins receiving $50 OBC.

I called the C&A # listed in the email, but the rep knew nothing.

He first said I couldn't qualify for the program because I was not a first time cruiser. I said, " you're kidding- the refer a friend program is only open for someone who has never sailed with RCCL to refer someone else who has never sailed with them?"

after putting me on hold to check, he came back and said " yes you would qualify if your booking was in Sept"

I read the fine print on the email, and it says " The original booking must have been created during or before promotional booking period and the Refer-A-Friend bookings must be for the same sailing as the original booking and be created between September 1, 2007 and September 30, 2007 in order for all to qualify for the $50 onboard credit per stateroom. "

To me, during or before the promotional period means my June booking would be eligible.

Thoughts on this?

And my last question is " is there any way our friends who booked in June can cancel (we're outside the penalty phase) and rebook now to make it eligible? I know in some cases (all cases?), they can tell when a rebook has happened.

TIA,

Wendy

Archived